Program Manager - Operational Excellence at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
The Core Operations team creates value by enabling other teams to work more effectively. We act as trusted partners to all teams, leveraging data to drive continuous improvement and efficiency on all fronts. We highly value collaboration, learning, resilience, and curiosity!
What You’ll Do:
You will simultaneously evangelize project management standards across Calm while also project managing critical cross-functional projects. You will enable embedded project managers across the org by partnering with them to develop and implement common standards and ways of working. You will partner closely with the Program Manager, Systems and Tools to ensure that PMs across Calm have the systems and tools they need to be effective and efficient. You are comfortable with ambiguity and ambitious targets.
- Align project management standards across Calm while ensuring project managers have the flexibility needed to execute based on unique functional team needs
- Ensure that stakeholders see continuity in the way projects are managed across Calm
- Strengthen the planning muscle across Calm and help teams identify roadblocks to planning and solve with them
- Empower teams across Calm to adopt project management principles, regardless of whether or not a project has a designated project manager
- Build automation into workflows to facilitate faster delivery of projects
- Proactively engage with teams to iterate on processes, communications and project standards
- Lead the development of cross functional PM portfolio and KPI dashboard to track and assess project health
Who You Are:
- Has 5 or more years project management experience in a business with software enabled operations
- PMP Certification or other formal project management training required (college equivalents, company training programs, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills: Resilience, sense of urgency, calm under pressure, persistence, influencing skills, interpersonal skills, ownership/accountability, managerial courage
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation & influencing skills (GSuite)
- Project Management
- Strong experience planning for and managing projects of all shapes, sizes, complexity - both internal and external
- Skilled in identifying dependencies, requirements gathering, writing product specs, planning, and execution of strategic programs
- Excellent project management skills and and ability to communicate project management methodology
- Prioritization & Stakeholder Management
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous startup environment
- Ability to work with multiple business stakeholders, effectively manage their expectations and establish priorities
- Skilled in managing deadlines, communication of timelines, assessment of resources, organizational skills
- Natural accuity for identifying and communicating risks to appropriate stakeholders
- Data Analysis & Business Case Development
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to visualize and manipulate data, experience with Tableau/Amplitude/MODE, or similar tools
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.