Head of Acquiring Payment Rails Integrated Program Management Office - Executive Director
Job Description J.P. Morgan Acquiring Payment Rails has embarked on a multi-year effort to build a new, state-of-the-art global offering. Delivering on this sizable and complex undertaking requires tight integration and collaboration across technology, product management, business and client readiness to manage end to end our current product and future offering. Ensuring strategic alignment, transparency, and governance for scope and funding decisions is imperative. The Integrated Portfolio Office will support end-to-end delivery in an Agile-at-scale environment and be accountable for implementation and feature availability commitment dates.
As a senior leader in Project Execution, you will lead high-performing team in envisioning and creating complex technology solutions across the firm. This prominent position combines strategic business and technology thinking - about industry trends, firm-specific initiatives and modern infrastructure - with a deep understanding for how to develop and implement programs that can be rolled out globally, and across multiple lines of business. You'll work closely with executive leadership across the firm to identify and prioritize projects that serve the best interest of the entire firm. Meanwhile, you'll ensure that your Project Execution colleagues have the resources and guidance they need to deliver timely and relevant solutions. As a key professional in JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the industry's leading talent in developing programs with broad and lasting implications.
We are seeking an experienced Portfolio Director to lead a team of project/program managers to drive successful delivery. A successful candidate will possesses a combination of key attributes: self-starter, project management, partnership and communication.
Manage a delivery team that closely partner with Product, Technology, Operations and relevant partners across the organization to: Provide leadership and drive delivery oversight to a team of project managers who will use agile practices and the scrum framework for the planning, execution and delivery of products, including goal and performance management
- Drive strategic alignment across the program to enable faster, more Agile, autonomous execution
- Ensure senior leadership is engaged around the right topics at the right time and supported by relevant information and reporting
- Implement a robust structure for prioritizing and driving key decisions including managing changes in a complex environment
- Maintain a master plan across all areas to ensure priorities and deliverables are in sync and progress remains on track end to end
- Provide a clear view of the objectives and success criteria for each undertaking and how they will be delivered
- Identify and drive cross-impacts, dependencies, and impediments to progress and ensure they are addressed
- Provide program management oversight for a portfolio of complex and high-profile programs
- Enforce consistency and standardized processes across the team
- Direct project portfolio activities, conduct reviews, and use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and address escalated impediments
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking and forecasting. Manage team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost
- Manage the professional development and growth of direct reports with an emphasis on inclusion and continuous growth
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's Degree required with 10+ years of transformational program management experience
- Financial services expertise required, strong preference for payments industry knowledge
- Self-starter able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and cross-functional environment that is results-driven
- Rigorous, logical thinker with ability to identify and articulate rationale, assumptions, and risks
- Strong end-to-end problem-solving skills including deconstructing problems, prioritizing issues, structuring analysis, identifying implications, and proposing solutions
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with ability to establish trust and credibility, and build shared understanding across lines of business and functions, work well in cross-functional teams, and influence key stakeholders
- Payment systems or high volume low latency technology delivery management expertise
- Technology controls domain experience including internal and external audit assessments for compliance project effort
- Previous technology portfolio or delivery management experience required. May have performed as an engineering director in the past.
- PMI Certification a plus
- Proven track record for managing high-performing teams, leading cross-functional teams, and building strong partnerships on large complex programs.
- Ability to create and support a collaborative culture that attracts, retains and develops top talent
- A strong understanding of financial control, budget management, risk management and operations
- Nimble in responding to ever changing organizational conditions and disciplined in managing the change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop compelling presentations for senior level audience.
- Strategic insight and ability to identify opportunities to accelerate the transformation
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Us JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.