Director, Global Workforce Management at Opendoor
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:18 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
Opendoor is looking for a leader of workforce management supporting over 500 employees, and growing, throughout our organization and other branded customer operations. This individual will lead planning, forecasting, and real time workforce management in support of the entire Opendoor operation nationally. They will work closely with finance, analytics, operational leadership, and other stakeholders to meet service level expectations while delivering upon business goals. Eventually, they will lead a team who will interact with different functional areas of Opendoor.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing, supervising, and leading the Workforce team responsible for forecasting demand, headcount, scheduling, skilling, and performance management. Working to ensure this team is proactively working to meet service level agreements by staying in constant communication with business partners and Opendoor leadership.
- Hiring, ongoing training, coaching and development, and performance management with the Workforce Management team. Providing development and improve team skill set and performance over time.
- Providing oversight for workforce related projects and ensures the team uses efficient processes with steps to ensure an accurate output. Allocating appropriate resources to all efforts and ensures initiatives are delivered on time. Accountable for accuracy and timeliness of all work completed
- Serving as primary point of contact for Opendoor leadership and business partners related to staffing. Maintaining open lines of communication and manage relationships with these parties to ensure optimal performance.
- Communicating pertinent information about the day-to-day operation of the Workforce Management function as well as Sales & Support and Homes teams both verbally and in writing to senior leadership. Collaborating with multiple business partners on an ongoing basis.
- Identifying real time contact volume interruptions and system outages that impact operations performance. Escalating contact center interruptions to appropriate business continuity leaders in a timely fashion.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business discipline (eg. Finance, Accounting, Management, math, etc), or an equivalent amount of experience where 2 years of experience in workforce management can equate to 1 year of studies.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in workforce management in a multi-site, multi-channel contact center with >500 agents
- 5+ years experience with demand forecasting and capacity planning
- 2+ years experience creating and managing top down and bottoms up budgeting models and/or sales planning models (preferred)
- Experience working with external contact center business partners
- Expert level knowledge of a workforce management software is preferred (IEX, Aspect eWFM, Verint/Blue Pumpkin or Genesys)
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel
- An ability to demonstrate and articulate understanding of key workforce management concepts as related to demand forecasting, headcount capacity planning, scheduling, real time monitoring, skilling, call routing, and performance improvement
- Demonstrated ability to coach to results and improve performance and behavior of direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to train all workforce concepts to team members of varying experience and ability
- Proven experience providing project and change management for multiple, simultaneous department and cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize quantitative data into easy to understand and actionable recommendations through a consulting mindset.
- MBA with a degree in Management, Finance, Accounting or or math
- Expert level skills in SQL
- 7+ years of leadership experience in workforce management in an international multi-site, multi-channel contact center environment with >2,000 agents
- 7+ years experience with demand forecasting and capacity planning for international and domestic calls, chats, and outbound contacts for internal customers and external vendors
- 4+ years experience working with external contact center business partners including managing vendor performance
- Expert level SQL and data mining skills to include the ability to write and edit queries. Understanding of database relationship/or database management
- Multiple years of experience in both a sales operations leadership and support operations leadership role
- Leadership experience in a reporting or business intelligence role
- Expert level knowledge of Twilio Flex
- Six Sigma certification (green, yellow, or black belt)
- Project management certification (PMP)
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description