Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling’s applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world’s most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is seeking a Tech Touch/Digital Engagement Program Manager to join our Customer Experience (CX) Operations organization. Your role is critical to enhance our customer experience and scale our Customer Success organization.
You will report to our leader of Customer Success Operations and be responsible for designing, implementing, and improving our digital Customer Success strategy and service offerings. Your initial focus will be to define the ideal customer journey for our fastest-growing SMB segment and enhance our service models with digital engagement. But, over time, you will be tasked with enhancing all of our Customer Success service models through digital programs.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Digital Customer Success Strategy
- In partnership with CS, PS, and Sales leaders, you’ll define the ideal customer journey by user persona for our SMB segment.
- You’ll translate the ideal customer journey for our SMB customers into a CS service model, digital-touch strategy, and roadmap that supports the expectations for business KPIs (e.g., Net Retention, NPS) for the segment.
Workflow Solution Design & Implementation
- You’ll partner with CS leaders to define, design, and implement new Customer Success Management workflows (e.g., annual business reviews, risk management, NPS follow-up) in our Customer Success Platform and other tools.
- You’ll adapt and optimize existing workflows (e.g., health scoring, reference management, reporting) to meet the needs of our digital-led service model.
- You’ll consult with customers in the pool and analyze feedback to identify how to improve the model and/or will directly support customers in the pool to get first-hand exposure to the customer experience.
- You’ll partner with Product Operations and Sales Operations to ensure we have the required data and to design solutions that are efficient and effective for our Customer Success Managers.
Digital Program Design & Implementation
- You’ll design and implement digital customer journeys for specific user personas via automated, triggered, and multi-step emails, in-application communications, and/or in-application guides and walk-throughs.
- You’ll set success criteria for digital programs and conduct beta tests to ensure the effectiveness of each program.
- You’ll work with internal SMEs, Enablement, and Marketing to develop the content for the digital customer journeys.
- You’ll own the administration and roadmap for our In-app Engagement Platform.
- You’ll be responsible for generating the reports and dashboards that Customer Success leaders and CSMs need to manage their book of business.
- You’ll evaluate the success and impact of each digital program and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You’ll analyze customer feedback and research industry best practices to help evolve our digital programs.
- 3-5 years experience in Enterprise SaaS, with previous experience with low-touch, tech-touch or digital-led Customer Success models, preferred or previous experience with customer engagement and advocacy, marketing operations, product operations, and/or Customer Success Operations.
- Education in a Life Sciences discipline, and/or direct experience working with Life Sciences organizations, preferred.
- Direct experience designing workflows in CS Systems and owning/administering CS Systems including Customer Success Platforms (e.g., Catalyst, Gainsight) and In-app Engagement tools (e.g., Pendo, Gainsight, WalkMe), preferred.
- Experience implementing workflows that scale; a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get work done when workflows are not yet in place; and forward-thinking to solve for future growth and changes in the business.
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for defining and solving problems, and a customer-first orientation, a must!
- Ability to influence decision-making of leadership stakeholders.
- MBA or equivalent experience, a plus.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.