At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Corporate Quality Management Office is the source of expertise for Quality Management Systems that provides technical support for the development, evaluation, verification, and analysis activities related to the manufacturing, testing, and integration of space systems hardware.
Our approach to Quality Engineering goes beyond inspecting or auditing; it is having a proactive role as early as possible while the opportunity to influence is greatest. We're looking for motivated candidates to join our high-performing and collaborative team to help evolve our capabilities to meet the technical challenges of tomorrow. The position requires an understanding of QA requirements and the flexibility to apply fundamental Quality Engineering skills and concepts to a variety of space systems.
Remote (preferably near an Aerospace location)
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop innovative methods to effectively apply Quality Engineering expertise across entire product lifecycles
- Support the continued deployment and integration of the quality management system across the enterprise
- Leading Supplier Quality Efforts
- Internal QMS Auditing for Corporate Quality Management Office
- Provide quality management communication and associated quality training and providing management with periodic status/issue review
- Identify and evaluate the risks, trade-offs, and mitigation plans for tailored QMS requirements
- Employ a rigorous and methodical approach to the problem-solving and identifying root cause
- Develop and execute process and product assessments and audits from the planning stage through verification of corrective and/or preventive actions
- Deliver independent, data-driven technical advice to management and customers through effective verbal and written communication
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or equivalent field from an accredited program
- Typically, 5-9 years of related engineering experience with emphasis in quality engineering, systems engineering, and project management
- Experience developing technical procedures, manuals, processes, and incorporating quality improvements relative to technical processes
- Working knowledge of quality systems (e.g., ISO 9000, AS9100), quality related training and certification
- This position requirestheability to obtain and maintain a securityclearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Willing to travel domestically approx.up to 15 %
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- 5-7 years of experience in aerospace or national security space programs
- Active Secret Clearance
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$100,277 - $163,124 - $196,123
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.