Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for leading a team to plan, direct, and coordinate technology initiatives to support marketing and customer experience. Determines the costs and benefits of proposed technology development projects. Recommends priority of technology initiatives with the goal of maximizing project benefits. Directs marketing technology demand and capacity processes. Oversees product feature definition to ensure that risk management, customer experience, and technology architecture support business objectives.
- Accountable for managing a team of agile product managers that define/accept the business value (features), defines the risk and assists in risk mitigation efforts, and defines the dependencies and milestones required to deliver customer value.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates technology/product focused initiatives to support marketing and customer experience for existing customers, as well as initiatives to support the delivery of new business value to PULSE customers. This includes the coordination of the technology architecture, operational processes, financial budgeting reconciliation, and legal/compliance policies to support PULSE product initiatives.
- Determines the cost and benefits of proposed technology development projects
- Recommends technology prioritization of initiatives with the goal of maximizing project benefits and optimizes resources.
- Works to solution product focused initiatives with the goal of delivering high quality business value efficiently to our customers while optimizing resources.
- Directs the PULSE Value Stream and marketing team solutioning efforts when technology is impacted.
- Analyses technology demand and capacity processes as well as load and capacity velocity of resources and works with technology partners to optimize and balance resource distribution to meet our financial goals.
- Oversees product features. Defines risk management, customer experience, and technology architecture to support PULSE business objectives.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Management of business technology project management, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Management of business technology project management, or related experience
- Agile training: SAFe Agile or Scrum at Scale
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, Information Technology, or related field
- People management experience
- Ability to work at a strategic level while still overseeing delivery
- Financial services and/or payment services experience/knowledge
- Ability to operate with a business mindset while still understanding technical aspects of product delivery
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.