Senior Director of Product, Franchisee
About Restaurant Brands International:
Restaurant Brands International Inc. is one of the world's largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $35 billion in annual system-wide sales and over 28,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. RBI owns four of the world's most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, POPEYES® and FIREHOUSE SUBS®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for decades. Through its Restaurant Brands for Good framework, RBI working towards its goal of improving sustainable outcomes related to its food, the planet, and people and communities.
The Senior Director of Product, Franchisee is responsible for delivering best-in-class products across RBI’s brands and regions. The position works with other functions within the organization including engineering, design, marketing, operations, and IT.
- Understand RBI’s product strategy and needs to help deliver best-in-class products to serve our customers and franchisees
- Lead a team of product managers to deliver results and attract top product management talent
- Identify, prioritize, and set direction for products within the restaurant technology ecosystem (point-of-sale, back-of-house, and product inventory management systems).
- Set the team vision by understanding the direction of the company and translate that vision into an actionable plan
- Create an organization structure that can execute against core business priorities
- Work cross-functionally with design, marketing, data science, and operations leaders to develop success metrics
- Understand how to make tradeoffs when prioritizing speed of execution and technical debt
- Have an executive presence and effectively communicate the team’s objectives and priorities to senior leadership
- Experience building software for hardware products
- History working in or with the restaurant space a plus
- History working with or building point-of-sale systems or back-of-house systems a large plus
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Manager shipping innovative products
- 2+ years of experience leading teams of Product Managers
- Proven track record of building and leading global teams
- BSE in Computer Science (or comparable degree) is preferred
- Technical skills in mobile or web-based technologies considered an asset
- Impeccable organizational and project management skills
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.