Product Manager - (US Remote Working) at Turnitin
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.Job Description
The Student Writing Product Manager will help shape how Turnitin guides students to create their best, original work. You’ll develop the roadmap to help students strengthen their academic writing and research skills and submit their writing for instructor feedback, all while leveraging Turnitin’s leadership in integrity and AI.
Our products tend to begin and end with customers, so you’ll be interacting with students and educators to ensure our solutions solve their problems and unmet needs. In addition to charting our course, the role includes leading our teams in building new capabilities to delight customers. Ultimately, you’ll be a key contributor to Turnitin achieving its mission of ensuring the integrity of global education and meaningfully improving learning outcomes.
This is a highly cross-functional role, so you’ll collaborate with product managers from the separate offerings and our platform services teams. You’ll report directly to the Senior Director of Grading & Feedback and work extensively with peers in UX, Engineering, Data Science, and Instructional Design.
What You’ll be Doing
- Develop an in-depth understanding of and integrate Turnitin’s capabilities in integrity, citations, grammar, text-similarity, and AI into the student writing process
- Focus on closing the feedback loop of how students receive, use, and respond to automated and instructor feedback.
- Talk to students ad educators and be their voice in our student writing product decisions.
- Identify market opportunities for our student writing solutions aligned to our mission and go-to-market strategy
- Identify and understand the problems we are solving for teachers, administrators, and students
- Dive deep to determine the root cause of challenges, identify opportunities, and create solutions
- Define, drive, and translate elements of our student writing strategies into a product roadmap while maintaining visibility and alignment across the portfolio.
- Work with professional services, support, product writers, product marketing, and sales to plan and execute go-to-market activities.
- Respond to product questions from internal and external stakeholders
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a product manager, associate product manager, or 5+ years experience supporting educators in product marketing, customer service, professional services, sales, or sales support functions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence by partnering and aligning with stakeholders
- Passion for Learning -- the ability to quickly learn about our markets and products, study client needs and user experience gaps, and enable our clients’ learning success
- Collaboration -- the ability to develop healthy, productive relationships with various stakeholders (engineering, operations, sales, clients, etc.)
- Execution -- the ability to organize, define, and deliver work of high quality on time
- Prioritization -- the ability to balance priority and investment in pursuit of multiple business objectives, setting clear expectations about what is and is not the priority with internal stakeholders
Highly Desired Skills
- Expertise in education or EdTech
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.