Able is a product acceleration studio. Our technology teams consist of exceptional Product Managers, Product Designers, Software Engineers, and all-around company builders. We incubate our own investments and also work with our partners (clients) to improve their odds of success by deploying startup-caliber teams that are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle.
We are seeking a Director of Product Management to join our growing team. As the Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for building and managing a world-class product management team that produces excellent product experiences.Your day-to-day
- Developing recruiting strategies to hire and retain great talent
- Mentoring and guiding team members to deliver high-quality product experiences that solve business and user problems
- Collaborating with cross-functional leaders to staff projects that fit partner needs and team member career goals
- Defining and implementing product development processes and best practices
- Collaborating closely with leadership to align on and execute business goals
- Supporting business development efforts by providing product thinking and strategy
- Fostering a productive, collaborative, and fun working environment for the product management team
- Modeling and reinforcing our core values
- 5+ years managing, mentoring, and growing a product management team
- Autonomy and expert management of priorities
- Resourcefulness and comfort adjusting to new information, requirements, and constraints
- Experience at a digital agency or similar managing team members across a variety of products and industries
- A passion for digital products and emerging technologies
- Strong storytelling skills with experience facilitating meetings and creating compelling presentations for executive-level partners
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and down-to-earth
- We offer competitive base compensation, 100% employer-paid health benefits, 401k, paid parental leave, snacks, and a relaxed environment
- Diversity adds value to everything we do — we hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We support and ensure a healthy work-life balance is maintained through realistic deadlines, hours, and goals
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (including vacation, sick days, and wellness days) because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why we give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.