Principal Associate, SEC Accounting at Capital One (Washington DC)
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Associate, SEC Accounting
We are seeking a Principal Associate in SEC Accounting and in this role, you will help shape our reporting automation vision and provide user experience support that is designed to enable associates. You will work with internal customers and stakeholders to determine what is working and build technical solutions to complex problems. You will drive automation initiatives, manage our run the engine support functions, and act as the liaison between business users and our technology partners, in order to deliver the best products for our Finance customers.
- Serve as a central point of contact across assigned portfolio of applications
- Identify and manage risks, assumptions, dependencies and escalation
- Manage customer relationships and address customer escalations
- Provide a broad understanding of applications, platforms, and underlying technologies at the software, operating system, and infrastructure levels
- Support more junior staff and project contractors as they analyze and identify business requirements
- Partner and communicate with key stakeholders, share updates, and proactively make recommendations to complex technical problems.
- Provide technical leadership during implementation including the development of strategies to verify requirements are being met, testing and issue resolution, and the tuning and optimization of solutions from a performance, resiliency, reliability, and scalability perspective
- Provide general technical leadership, guidance, and support to the application and "business-as-usual" teams including platform, delivery, and production support
- Support complex troubleshooting and testing efforts across multiple platforms and environments
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of accounting experience, or at least 3 years of SEC reporting experience, or a combination
- At least 3 years of agile software delivery experience
- At least 3 years of python experience
- At least 3 years API experience
- At least 2 years of Workiva Wdesk experience
- Certification in AWS Developer
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).