VP, Value Based Care Operations at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a VP, Value Based Care Operations in our Texas Market.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a VP of Value Based Care Operations (Texas Market) to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, you will lead a team to improve and enhance the performance of all providers under value-based contracts across the state. You will collaborate with VillageMD teams and network practice staff to integrate analytic, ancillary and operations capabilities to manage patient populations against improvements in the ‘Quadruple Aim’ of healthcare: better outcomes, lower cost and an improved patient and clinician experience.
Could this be you?
As a VP of Value Based Care Operations you will design, monitor, and continually improve processes and the team that supports our Primary Care Providers in value-based care, managing quality, total cost, and revenue targets. It is also expected that you drive engagement between clinic staff, patients, and clinicians.
How you can make a difference
- Lead and build the dynamic Value Based Care team across the expanding Texas market, including developing existing resources and identifying / delivering on key additional needs
- Deliver on implementing VillageMD developed value-based care clinical and operational best practices at a Primary Care level in each market across the state
- Partner with VillageMD’s Analytics Division to create impactful metrics and then use those metrics to monitor and improve performance in market value-based contracts by delivering Operational KPI improvements
- Work collaboratively with market leadership to develop and execute on integrated portfolio of value-based programs through best-practice processes including but not limited to Quality, Care Management, Provider and Staff engagement and utilization management
- Lead the weekly and monthly operating rhythm reviews driven from core, standard operational reporting
- Partner with Payor Contracting and market leadership to analyze current performance along with identifying and implementing core strategies to improve contractual performance.
- Drive market level value-weighted membership growth and attribution management through partnership with national attribution management team, marketing, business development and payer partnerships
- Lead and deliver on a stratified workflow for annual care delivery in primary care with an emphasis on identifying and supporting patients’ unmet needs
- Collaborate with management and operations team members to develop strategic, operational, and technological solutions for improving quality, while reducing the total cost of care delivered.
- Build strong, credible working relationships with physicians and clinic staff to develop a partnership centered on driving meaningful change in care delivery
- Ensure successful practice performance under value-based contracts
- Run operational policies and procedures related to VillageMD-Texas market operations and services for network practices
- Facilitate evolving provider and practice staff education across core VillageMD model workstreams
Skills for success
- A consistent track record of leadership including the ability to achieve results with and through others
- A talent for balancing critical thinking with hands-on execution
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems, with a strong results-orientation
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Finesse in partnering with physicians on change management initiatives
- The knowledge to validate data directly tied to population health and value-based care
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare administration or a relevant field required
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience in the healthcare industry
- Considerable experience with Population Management and Value-Based Care operations, ideally in a leadership role working with physician practices
- Validated ability to implement data into practice; respond to analytical insights with strategies and solutions that impact the provision of care; evidence-based decision-making skills
- Direct experience working with physicians including the ability to use data to influence physician behavior
- Prior experience handling a P&L or accountability for a large-scale project, initiative, or department
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and work with healthcare data and reporting is strongly preferred
- Must be willing and able to commute daily to practices throughout the Houston metropolitan area
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus, and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.