Vice President of Client Service, Voice at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build systems and processes that help your team and others to better succeed
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role as a VP of Client Services, Voice, You will be in a leadership role responsible for the successful development and ongoing support for all client services related to LivePerson Voice products and services. You will own an “overlay” team of subject matter and industry experts who will be responsible for each area of client services including Implementation, Professional Services, Telco Solutions, Customer Success, Technical Account Management, Technical Support. Each of these areas will require dedicated resources and strong focus to succeed. You will also be responsible for building alliances with counterparts throughout the organization in the core areas of messaging and conversational AI, aligning processes and communication strategies as well as possible while protecting the needs of your own teams.
In this role you will:
- Be a leader within the Voice organization, driving all client services.
- Lead through steady and thoughtful guidance and operational thinking.
- Protect and support your teams, ensuring their ability to thrive as a focused group of experts within the larger organization.
- Own the Implementation, Professional Services, Customer Success, Technical Account Management, and Telco Solutions teams for LivePerson Voice products and services.
- Be a Systems Thinker - Develop alliances with other departments throughout the organization, adopting systems as appropriate and helping to evolve what already exists.
- Be Data-Driven - Measure successes and failures objectively, developing and reporting on KPIs and quarterly initiatives.
- Effectively communicate and report on programs and statuses to upstream stakeholders.
- Be Strategic - You will have the opportunity to develop processes and programs that help several groups to align around common foundations and principles.
- Develop programs that help to realize benefits from economies of scale across multiple groups coming together under one department.
- Develop and maintain effective organizational responsibility structures that include recruiting, training, coaching, onboarding, mentoring, supervision, and more.
- Develop and mentor direct reports, driving enterprise quality systems-thinking
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement within or outside of your organizational unit.
- Work cross-functionally with Voice and Global Sales Organizations to provide expert guidance and solutioning as needed.
- Own paid-for professional services programs, working with other revenue-generating teams to adequately report on and allocate revenue received.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering, and Enablement teams to drive feedback on product, process, or supportability, and help improve the product
- Interact with customers proactively and through escalations, helping to efficiently resolve problems that arise
Your qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline.
- 6+ years of software platform or SaaS client services management experience
- 6+ years in contact center product / sales / implementation experience
- 6+ years of experience in leadership roles related to client services
- 4+ years in roles managing managers
- Proven experience managing client services, driven by success metrics such as CSAT, SLAs, NPS, and other objective metrics.
- Experience managing revenue-generating organizations and SLA-driven client services organizations.
- Experience managing both Professional Services and Technical Services teams and programs
- Experience running an end-to-end department preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively – demonstrate clarity of thought in writing & presentations.
- Effective at collaborating across boundaries & job families with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with CCaaS systems is a plus.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits and flexible time off. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.