Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage, Title and Escrow and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We are looking for an experienced Title Examiner/Officer who enjoys working with Clients and teammates, coordinating documentation and tasks, and facilitating internal and external communication throughout each real estate transaction.
The key outcomes we are looking for are to elevate our workflow to a new standard of excellence and efficiency, while enriching communication with all parties involved in the real estate transaction.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Scrutinize recorded documents to determine ownership, legal descriptions, and encumbrances to title.
- Assess risks and liabilities and determine the insurability due to matters of record including but not limited to deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgements, probate, and assessments.
- Precisely prepare title commitments.
- Meet or exceed all SLAs.
- Recognize title defects and work with escrow teams and clients for curative solutions. • Mentor fellow team members to advance their knowledge and ability to grow with the organization.
- Perform other duties and special projects assigned by management.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure the clients have an exceptional closing experience.
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a Title Examiner/Officer.
- Extensive expertise of underwriting guidelines, policies and title and escrow curative procedures with a concentration of Washington State guidelines, policies and real estate laws preferred.
- A meticulous attention to details.
- Experience using searching programs, Data Trace preferred.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to act quickly, think critically and work well as part of a growing team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work-from-home, with occasional travel to the office.
- A desire to learn and expand your knowledge of both Title and Escrow production.
- Experience with Data Trace/Tree, Qualia, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PDF file formatting.
- You work with a sense of urgency: You stay on top of your work. You go beyond “check the box” mentality. You are not afraid to ask questions.
- You’re driven: You are organized, focused, and disciplined. You are conscientious. You’re adept at prioritizing your work, your day, and your career.
- You write things down: You enjoy the process of creating new procedures and documenting workflow processes.
- You’re collaborative and communicative: You partner effectively with internal colleagues. You share ideas, learn from others, and keep teammates informed about problems, opportunities, progress, and solutions.
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!