Supply Chain Manager at Advanced Integration Technology (Dallas, TX)
AIT is the world's largest provider of automation, factory integration and tooling solutions dedicated to the global aerospace, defense, and space launch vehicle industries.
The Procurement Manager will oversee and direct the activities of the purchasing department. The Procurement Manager is responsible for the building and deploying of purchasing strategies, performing sourcing activities and driving results for all locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Meet or exceed profit plan goals related to commodities including cost savings, economics, quality, diversity spend, working capital improvements and other key metrics.
- Develops and implements a procurement strategy for the commodities they manage including competitive, technology direction, supplier analysis, development and selection and pricing strategy.
- Implement and measures cost savings, reduction and avoidance programs and strategies. Continually refine these programs to deliver optimal results for the company.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance in technology alignment, cost, quality, and delivery and then implement supply chain improvements.
- Expedite delivery of purchases, resolve freight/shipment issues, address quality concerns and pricing discrepancies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or another related field.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five years in Strategic Sourcing and/or Supply Chain in a manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of strategic sourcing philosophies, commodities management, pricing indices, global sourcing footprints, etc.
- This role will require a US Secret Security Clearance.
- This position involves travel up to 25% of the time.
Competencies- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience managing, leading, coaching, and developing multi-faceted, cross functional, and global teams.
- Conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Clear and effective communication skills in both written and spoken forms.
- Knowledge of computer applications including email, databases, word-processing program and spreadsheets (such as Microsoft Office).
- Well-developed leadership skills, including a team orientation, flexibility, integrity, and creativity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Works collaboratively and build strategic relations with colleagues, coworkers, contractors, and customers.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
AIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO is the Law | E-Verify
- Pay Type Salary