Stroke Coordinator at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD)
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:25 p.m. (CST) on Friday, August 19, 2022
- Job Summary
- Identifies and coordinates care in collaboration with the attending physician and nursing staff for all patients admitted to FSMC with the diagnosis of stroke (hemorrhagic/non-hemorrhagic), TIA and/or other neurological disorders as appropriate. Leads the interdisciplinary stroke steering team. Responsible for achievement of/and maintaining Joint Commission/MIEMSS designation as Center of Excellence for Stroke. Represents FSMC to community at large and MIEMSS as stroke coordinator.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Valid RN license in the State of Maryland.
- 3 years clinical experience in a related field; 2 years precepting and teaching experience.
- Licensure in the State of Maryland as required by discipline. Certification in area of specialty preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participates in Care Coordination Rounds, proactively addressing patient issues and addressing stroke performance measures. Teaches nursing staff and others regarding stroke patient management.
- Contributes to the achievement of department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations. Responsible for the coordination and achievement of the Stroke Performance Measurements.
- Leads the hospital Stroke Steering Committee and participates as needed in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams. Represents the hospital at MIEMSS Stroke Meetings and other community events as appropriate.
- Maintains current clinical competency and current up to date evidence based knowledge regarding stroke patient care. Responsible for review and updating stroke critical paths/protocols and teaching in accordance with evidenced based practices.
- Monitors performance of stroke program. Works closely with clinical leadership to coordinate initiatives to promote compliance with regulatory requirements including MEIMSS and The Joint Commission.
- Participates in meetings and on committee and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responds as first responder to Stroke Rapid Response Call, and, as needed, performs life saving procedures. Initiates ACLS protocols.
More Information on MedStar Health
MedStar Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Columbia, MD. MedStar Health was founded in 1999. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 56 open jobs at MedStar Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description