Sr Unix Administrator at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS Cloud Services manages, administers and supports the strategic development data centers and segmented development labs (SDL) for FIS. This consists of a hybrid cloud infrastructure spanning both FIS owned data center facilities, as well as our public cloud providers. We manage the physical, virtual and public cloud infrastructures across all platforms and services related to development operations within those platforms. Our team utilizes Infrastructure as Code practices, and is at the forefront of technological transformation at FIS.
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Unix Administrator, you will be working with our physical and virtual Unix-based systems across our footprint. You will be responsible for the health of the systems and their compliance with FIS policies and processes.
- Ensure Unix systems are patched and on current versions
- Identify and replace end-of-life systems
- Use various tools to monitor and maintain systems
- Administer access controls and support the development community
What you bring:
- Technical experience installing and supporting AIX, HP-UX and Solaris/SPARC platforms
- Technical experience using configuration management tools
- Good self-management and communication skills
- Proactive mindset and strong problem-solving skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with Puppet or CFEngine
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with Centrify
- Ability to engineer automation to solve repetitive tasks
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.