Senior Technical Consultant, Employee Workflow Solutions at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Location: Remote, US
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow works with customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing prescriptive guidance. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers grow their business on the ServiceNow platform by getting them to see the value of their ServiceNow investment.
This opening for a Sr. Technical Consultant, Employee Workflow will be a functional and technical Employee Workflow Solutions expert on a customer engagement team - delivering implementations for this ServiceNow Solution.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be the technical expert in how to best support requirements using ServiceNow best practices focused on configuration vs. customization
- Support the engagements efforts for process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/future-state processes during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Advise customers in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow Employee Workflow Solutions standard capabilities in their efforts to improve departmental processes.
- Lead customer design workshops focused on ServiceNow Platform and Employee Workflow Solution in scope of the engagement (which may include HR Service Delivery , Legal Service Delivery , Procurement Spend Management , and/or Workplace Service Delivery / Safe Workplace )
- Guiding customers in completing required documentation such as business requirement workbooks for technical aspects of the solution
- Drafting more technically focused user stories, their acceptance criteria, testing strategy and knowledge transfer while supporting customers in reviewing and approving them
- Guides and provides ad-hoc oversight/training for the customer's future system administrators throughout the engagement
- Lead technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery for engagements, sometimes providing oversight and unit testing of partner resources development
- Be a lead member of an overall engagement project team focused on delivering successful and substantive customer outcomes
- Develop required integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.) with multiple systems
- Develop required portal components
- Prepare all customer-facing deliverables focused on the technology and responsible for quality of configured/developed solution
- Juggle multiple and complex projects/initiatives
- Promoting continuous improvement practices for delivery/engagement materials
- Supporting specific sales activities when required
- Providing training and mentoring to other members of the ServiceNow delivery team and partner ecosystem upon request
- Up to 50% travel annually, driven by customer needs and internal meetings
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- At least 5 years of configuration/development experience for complex, highly-capable, technologies - inclusive of integrations and portals
- Strong understanding with leading industry systems and tools for departments that would rely on one of the above-mentioned solutions
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) for a the above-mentioned departments, while providing thought leadership to Customer sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.