Senior Operations Manager, Quality Programs at Sendoso (Phoenix, AZ)
What You'll Do
- Own the overall safety, quality, productivity and customer experience of the Quality department at our PHX warehouse.
- Own all budgetary, people development, and operations objectives for Quality operations.
- Coach, mentor, and lead a team of area managers to build positive employee relations and leadership bench strength within the warehouse.
- Develop process improvement initiatives and lead change management using lean methodologies and KPIs to improve overall performance in safety, quality, productivity and customer experience.
- Participate in the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations.
- Set and clarify requirements and expectations for area managers.
- Leverage area managers and associates by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into improvement plans for the warehouse.
- Partner with support staff (Safety, HR, CS, IT, BizOps, Finance, LP, other Sr. Leaders, etc.) to build policies and procedures for all areas of the warehouse.
- Balance daily tactical excellence with long term strategic vision with a continuous improvement mindset.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in a fast paced e-fulfillment environment with 5+ years of experience leading Quality Programs across a fulfillment organization
- 7+ years of leading and executing process improvement and driving organizational change through kaizen and rapid PDCA cycles
- Previous efulfillment startup experience and/or experience launching new Warehouse/Distribution/Fulfillment Centers
- Large ‘at-scale’ experience within a complex public company is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred
How you work:
- Ability to grow, develop, and retain top talent
- Data driven with an eye on the facts.
- Ability to reconcile what the data shows with what is actually happening with direct observations.
- Unwavering in core convictions, but able to pivot in a new direction when new data arises.
- Experience building and innovating processes from the ground up with a relentless focus on the customer experience.
- Proven experience using WMS and partnering with tech teams for improvements
- Track record as an exceptional communicator and comfortable in presenting to both business executives and front line associates
- Proven ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Proven ability to lead tactically while designing strategically
- Exceptional ability to partner across all stakeholders internal and external to fulfillment operations
- Ability to be a positive influence on the organization with experience leading teams of 500+Embraces Servant Leadership and is an enabler to the success of others