Senior Operations Manager, Quality Programs
About Your Role:
As a Senior Operations Manager, Quality Programs you will own safety, quality, productivity and customer experience in the quality department at our Phoenix warehouse. To name a few key areas of focus this person will be developing process improvements, owning people development through coaching and mentoring, and partnering with the support staff to build policies and procedures for all areas of the warehouse.
If you are looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to be a change agent and make a key impact, then this is the role for you!
What You'll Do
- Own the overall safety, quality, productivity and customer experience of the Quality department at our PHX warehouse.
- Own all budgetary, people development, and operations objectives for Quality operations.
- Coach, mentor, and lead a team of area managers to build positive employee relations and leadership bench strength within the warehouse.
- Develop process improvement initiatives and lead change management using lean methodologies and KPIs to improve overall performance in safety, quality, productivity and customer experience.
- Participate in the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations.
- Set and clarify requirements and expectations for area managers.
- Leverage area managers and associates by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into improvement plans for the warehouse.
- Partner with support staff (Safety, HR, CS, IT, BizOps, Finance, LP, other Sr. Leaders, etc.) to build policies and procedures for all areas of the warehouse.
- Balance daily tactical excellence with long term strategic vision with a continuous improvement mindset.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in a fast paced e-fulfillment environment with 5+ years of experience leading Quality Programs across a fulfillment organization
- 7+ years of leading and executing process improvement and driving organizational change through kaizen and rapid PDCA cycles
- Previous efulfillment startup experience and/or experience launching new Warehouse/Distribution/Fulfillment Centers
- Large ‘at-scale’ experience within a complex public company is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred
How you work:
- Ability to grow, develop, and retain top talent
- Data driven with an eye on the facts.
- Ability to reconcile what the data shows with what is actually happening with direct observations.
- Unwavering in core convictions, but able to pivot in a new direction when new data arises.
- Experience building and innovating processes from the ground up with a relentless focus on the customer experience.
- Proven experience using WMS and partnering with tech teams for improvements
- Track record as an exceptional communicator and comfortable in presenting to both business executives and front line associates
- Proven ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Proven ability to lead tactically while designing strategically
- Exceptional ability to partner across all stakeholders internal and external to fulfillment operations
- Ability to be a positive influence on the organization with experience leading teams of 500+Embraces Servant Leadership and is an enabler to the success of others
How we work:
• We work sane, sustainable and flexible working hours.
• We offer PTO, and have a genuine, supportive culture around work life balance and boundaries.
• We are consistently building, refining and automating processes to aid our work; we encourage each team member to propose and adopt new technologies, frameworks, and processes that make us more effective as an organization.
• We provide comprehensive benefits to reward and support our employees.
Who We Are:
Sendoso is the leading Sending Platform that delivers modern direct mail, personalized gifts, eGifts, and other Physical Impressions™ at scale. This makes it possible to build stronger, deeper, and more trusted relationships that move everything up and to the right! We’re a Series C company with $154M in venture capital funding with more than 800+ customers and 20,000 active users. Our award-winning Sending Platform connects online and offline experiences via cloud software, automation, and real-world logistics.
Our mission is to help companies rise above the noise by eradicating spam and elevating relationships. Our goal is to enable businesses everywhere to make more human connections in a digital world.
We are unable to hire in the following states at this time: CO, HI
Sendoso is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
By submitting your application, you agree that Sendoso may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes.