Senior Manager, Fraud Risk at Afterpay
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:43 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins. Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt.
Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers. We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As a Senior Fraud Risk Manager at Afterpay, you’ll be responsible for important KPIs for the company's profitability, and customer experience metrics. You will be tasked to set goals and manage through strategy, and close collaboration with the data scientist team as well as product and engineers. You will lead and coach a group of talented and experienced analysts, ensuring success in both business metrics and their individual career development.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
• Lead teams to achieve key results (OKRs) and deliver impactful and meaningful strategies to mitigate/stop fraudulent activities
• Establish long term vision and roadmap for fraud risk domain.
• Use data and models to support the development of risk mitigation strategies and interventions while preserving and improving the user experience
• Close collaboration with product and customer service team to look into customer pain points and provide clarity, visibility through internal tools/error message enhancements
• Work with broader product team on new product features and provide input for enable the successes of Afterpay’s new products by delivering strong fraud risk performance
• Drive efficiency and innovations
• Coach and grow the fraud risk team
Who are you? (Qualifications)
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay. You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
• Quantitative background in statistics, math, business, or related disciplines. Work experience in payments, lending, banking, financial institutions etc. a must
• Minimum 10 years of experience in analyzing data and using database query language (proficient SQL skill and understanding of complex data structure) and data processing and analysis tools such as R/ Python/ Knowledge seeker etc.
• Minimum 2 years managerial experience (direct reports only)
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, combined with effective judgment and communication.
• Comfortable working and making impactful decisions in a fast-paced environment.
How we reward you. We have a pay for performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for high performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enroll in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We offer a wide range of insurance programs so you have the flexibility to choose what is best for you. Afterpay covers 100% of the employee cost and 75% of the cost of your dependents.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Read Full Job Description