Senior Manager, Customer Experience Operations at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a Senior Manager, Customer Experience Operations, you’ll be fully responsible for leading a team of experienced customer support professionals to provide a world class experience for our Retail customers. You will be responsible for the delivery and execution of customer support globally, which entails building, growing and managing a high performing and diverse team across multiple locations. You will work with other global leaders, internal stakeholders and BPO partners to achieve a seamless customer experience and scale in a thoughtful, effective way.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Responsible for leading global Customer Experience Operations responsible for serving our customers across multiple issue types.
- Manage and lead a high performing support team, anchored by standard methodologies within the financial services and technology industries globally.
- Be a thought leader for how to provide a world class experience for our customers.
- Work with senior management across internal support teams, business unit partners and business process outsourcing vendor partners to achieve service level agreements and enable CX innovation.
- Shape strategy for optimizing existing workflows, operationalizing product and policy launches, and building effective feedback loops.
- Handle partnerships and serve as an escalation point with various departments within Coinbase, including (but not limited to) product, engineering, legal and security.
- Attend monthly and quarterly vendor business reviews to stay abreast and accountable of performance across all tiers of support.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to drive data-centric business decisions.
- Thoughtfully delegate tactical responsibilities and set performance expectations across the organization.
- Focus on growth opportunities throughout the organization, including development of managers and leads and learning opportunities across multiple subject areas.
- Continuously add value through effective project management, laser focused prioritization and efficient execution.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support, with experience in delivering value differentiated support strategies a benefit
- Minimum of 6 years of direct management experience.
- Familiarity with banking regulations, payment processes, compliance, consumer and/or institutional operations.
- Experience building support strategies and scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support, including voice, email, social and chat.
- Experience with partner management and maintaining cross functional partnerships both vertically and horizontally.
- Ability to effectively communicate cross functionally and globally.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 10% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations (depending on business need).
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Nice to haves:
- Experience in project management, analytics and/or vendor management.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or CX.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Proficiency in another language (non-English).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.