Senior Executive Assistant at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Senior Executive Assistant will work alongside the CTO, Chief Architect, and Head of Product Development Operations and be responsible for completing tasks that Executive(s) do not have time to handle and manage projects on their behalf. Their duties are administrative and clerical as well: updating records / spreadsheets / presentations, taking calls, managing schedules, and handling correspondence. Must excel at maintaining a good relationship with business partners and suppliers. Manager of all things as it relates to the Executive(s) office from communication, employee relations – you are the Air Traffic Control of the Executive’s world. The Senior Executive Assistant is a facilitator of outcomes, manager of priorities, and manager of their executive’s energy flow, focus and mindset. A conduit of information and access. Our Senior EA will use experience and knowledge of Intuit, Mailchimp and Executive(s) priorities to make decisions on daily activities, key meetings, schedule changes, etc. Ensuring an efficient and productive environment for their Executive(s).
You should be a team player with a positive attitude and a professional disposition. Confidentiality and discretion are key for this role and must be taken seriously. Due to the visibility of the position, you will need to work well with all levels at Mailchimp and external partners. This role requires you to be in the Atlanta area and work from our office on a semi-regular cadence, while having some flexibility to work from home.
What you’ll do here:
- Assist Executive(s) daily and gate-keep: schedule meetings, learn the business of the Executive(s) in order to prioritize business needs appropriately, organize & track projects - provide administrative support to Mailchimp’s leadership within the department, ensuring leaders are prepared for all meetings and logistics are arranged ahead of time to optimize work/life balance
- Executive level project management
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Team and direct reports management on behalf of the Office of the Executive Be the link between our mission statement, strategic objectives and tactics in the Executive’s role
- Monitor overhead and business costs on behalf of Executive
- Represent, influence and own the Executive’s reputation and brand internally and externally
- Be proactive in scheduling time for their executive to have planning, thinking, research and analysis time outside of day-to-day meetings
- Manage Executive priorities, focus and energy levels and minimize executive distraction
- Management of the flow of communication into and out of the Executive’s office
- Be a change champion and advocate for Executive communications and initiatives
- Independently organizes staff, budget and resources to perform special projects or assignments
- Exercise discretion and initiative in performing job duties, according to the Company’s operating policies and procedures. The nature and scope of the Executive’s work, daily business contacts, and absence of immediate supervisory guidance requires a high level of discretion for this position
- Engage in activities that require a high degree of tact and integrity due to the great frequency of senior level internal and external contacts and the high degree of exposure to confidential information/data. This position must know which types of confidential information may be shared with which parties.
- Heavy calendar management; be flexible to accommodate last minute changes and additions while ensuring the day-to-day needs of business are met
- Lead the planning and execution of all associated logistics around internal and external (boards they may serve on, membership groups, etc) meetings
- Coordinate heavy domestic and international travel arrangements, create detailed itineraries for the Executives and process expense reports in a timely fashion
- Presentation creation and editing via google slides and/or powerpoint, keynote
- Collaboration & close work with department staff and all Executive Assistants as needed
- Handle personal tasks and personal calendar management as requested
- Be proactive vs reactive, anticipating the needs of Executives before being asked
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ years relevant experience in an Executive support role at the highest corporate level (C-Suite). Prior Senior Leadership Team member support is required. Experience within the Tech or Marketing space preferred.
- You prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with no supervision.
- You have strong problem solving and quick thinking skills.
- You have demonstrated excellent PC skills including Google Suite and other software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Slides, Concur travel portal, Expense reporting)
- You have demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills for the purpose of conveying information to internal and external parties or providing information via written reports or correspondence. Must be able to communicate professionally with Senior Leaders and Executives and possess strong relationship management and customer service skills.
- You have demonstrated excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize your own work.
- You have demonstrated the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- You have demonstrated the ability to handle multiple assignments and projects accurately and with deep attention to detail.
- You have demonstrated follow-through and ability to complete multiple ongoing projects on time and within specified budget.
- You independently explore and learn about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- You are a strong team player, collaborate well with other Executive Assistants and are willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- You have excelled in creating and organizing presentations and reporting for Executive audiences.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- You communicate openly and directly. Adjust communication to level of audience. Respond professionally.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected]
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.