Senior Customer Reference Manager (Remote) at Vonage
We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented organization that produces and delivers the content Vonage needs to entice, educate, engage with, and sell to customers around the world. We connect with the external marketplace through all media including print, digital, and social. Our team leverages deep industry, market, and customer data into actionable insights and marketing strategies. We are creative and collaborative, striving to translate how Vonage’s products and services can meet the needs of our current and future customers.Why this role matters
Our Integrated Marketing Team is looking for a highly motivated Customer Reference Senior Manager who will be responsible for building our global customer reference program from the ground up. You will own the development and execution of a company-wide customer reference program, and will assist Vonage customers in telling their stories through various media types including written case studies, video testimonials, webinars, webpages, social media, etc. Additionally, you will be responsible for a variety of deliverables supporting marketing and sales initiatives and manage the Customer Advisory Board activities.
The successful candidate will enjoy developing customer evangelizing programs and will roll up your sleeves to execute on deadlines. You have a passion for uncovering and telling customer stories and conveying how Vonage customers use our solutions. Requires superior relationship building skills - both inside and outside the organization, high tech industry experience, and a demonstrated ability to interact with business professionals and executives. Ideal candidates are creative, detail-oriented with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The role is a very visible position at Vonage. Experience working with internal sales contacts and external executives is key. Knowledge of Unified Communications and API’s puts you at the top of the candidate pool. This position reports to the Head of Integrated Marketing.
What you need to succeed:
- Knowledge of what's required to build a successful customer reference program, how to recruit participants, and the professional and legal obligations for securing and using customer testimonials and success stories
- Work with our Content and Communications teams to translate technical details into engaging stories consumable by diverse audiences
- Professional and self-motivated team member, that can organize and manage projects across functions and with multiple stake-holders and contributors
- Dynamic relationship building and top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-centric interest and tendencies
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...What you'll do
- Develop, manage, own and advocate the Vonage customer reference program while driving recognition of the Vonage brand through the customer voice
- Recruit and develop a portfolio of strategic accounts, global brands and senior-level customer references by working closely with Sales and Vonage executives
- Work with Sales Executives and Account Managers to develop and build relationships with existing customers, to capture compelling success stories, to be able to speak about how these customers use Vonage solutions, and to identify channels where their stories would be valuable to promote
- Create, manage and execute the creation of, and management of, Customer Advisory Board
- Create compelling and innovative customer content to demonstrate the caliber of companies that rely on Vonage solutions
- Work with our internal Content and Communications Teams to help produce assets.
- Manage a library of current customer references, quotes and organize into an easily searchable database by industry, persona, etc
- Create repeatable, streamlined processes to work with the sales and customer success teams to identify customer evangelists. Find new ways to recognize and cultivate more customer evangelists
- Will be extremely detail oriented, creative and introduce fresh ideas, strategies, and campaigns
- Minimum 7 years of direct participation or ownership for customer reference marketing and/or building a similar customer relationship/content development program
- Minimum 5 years of program or project management. Have simultaneously managed multiple high priority tasks or projects with competing deadlines, across various departments
- Customer-facing experience and experience initiating and fostering relationships with customers
- Experience working with or managing internal and external teams and resources
- Worked cross-functionally (especially with Sales, Brand/Content, Legal and Events) in a fast-paced environment
- 7 years of experience in customer marketing and campaign creation and management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Marketing, or related field
- Ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the details
- Agency, sales or channel experience is a plus
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location