Safety & Security Manager at Weedmaps
The Safety & Security Manager will be responsible for ensuring that our offices, employees and property are protected across all physical security fronts. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, dedicated and security-minded leader with experience supporting physical security operations. As a subject matter expert in physical security, this role will provide guidance and oversight for all company locations, events, meetings and physical security control projects. A successful candidate will be organized, dedicated, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously. This role is located in the Irvine, CA headquarters, and requires in person, daily attendance.
The impact you'll make:
- Provide leadership and direct management to physical security team members
- Selection and management of physical security & safety employees, external physical security vendors and contract guard force
- Set requirements for physical security controls, including CCTV, access control and emergency response systems
- Provide recommendations for physical security control improvements across people, process and technology domains
- Provide crucial 24/7 response to physical & safety alerts and incidents, including training staff to follow procedures and respond to physical security and safety matter globally
- Managing the budget to support all workplace related expenses.
- Planning for future improvement projects in existing locations.
- Overseeing the functioning and maintenance of security systems including access points, camera, systems, security protocols.
- Working with the Director of Operations in development and promotion of workplace safety, security, crisis and emergency response plans.
- Conduct physical security and safety risk assessments and implement prioritized remediation recommendations. Investigate and manage physical security and safety related incidents, including liaising with local law enforcement agencies as required.
- Other duties as assigned
What you've accomplished:
- Required- Ability to lift 75-100 lbs
- 5+ physical security & safety experience with 2+ years in a similar role, must include management experience
- Basic AV/Information Technology knowledge
- Must have effective time management, communication, technical writing, presentation development, facilitation, organizational skills, project management and leadership skills
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contact Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., for dispatch as necessary
- Proven leadership and management experience is a must
- Creative capabilities to develop world class security systems in the workplace.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in physical security strategies, principles, standards, policies and procedures
- Must have a strong knowledge of physical and electronic surveillance security equipment and systems, access control systems, CCTV equipment, and investigations and personnel management
- Experience creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and business process documentation.
- Adept at strong relationship management skills and effective partnering with business leaders and employees to drive workplace security.
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.