Regulatory Hazardous Waste Specialist (RCRA) (Remote) at Verisk
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Verisk 3E is seeking a Regulatory Hazardous Waste Specialist to join the team in Carlsbad, CA.
Regulatory Compliance and Consulting Services Delivery and Support
- Act as a point of contact for large-scale tasks and customers (internal and external), including monitoring program activity, fielding program questions or concerns, resolving customer concerns or issues, and ensuring applicable workload tasks are fulfilling the scope of service delivery
- Contribute to integration of new customers, in addition to implementation of additional service offerings to existing customer programs, and assist, as applicable, with development initiatives to carry out successful implementation of applicable service programs
- Support development and implementation, as applicable, of staff training and technical development meant to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of Verisk 3E Regulatory Services offerings
Regulatory Hazardous Waste Data Evaluation, Waste Stream Classification, Waste Profiling, Subject Matter Expert, and Agency Liaison
- Act as a liaison to local, state, and federal agencies on behalf of Verisk 3E Regulatory Services and customers, in addition to keeping abreast of RCRA regulatory registration and reporting procedure changes
- Contribute to department’s strategic development and department improvements through Robotic Processing Automation (RPA) activities & associated time and effort-saving strategies
- Responsible for compiling, formatting, and evaluating the integrity of RCRA hazardous waste data sets for the purpose of filing various regulatory reports
- Coordinate and implement new/modified processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department as applicable to regulatory hazardous waste data sets and supporting documentation
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) point of contact for RCRA hazardous waste-related customer program questions and provide insight/analysis to assist with resolving customer compliance issues
Regulatory Business Intelligence, Analysis and Support
- Support Business Intelligence activities and develop visualizations and analysis for internal and external customers using available business intelligence software
- Ensure voice of customer is captured within department
- Provide summary and recommendations to management as appropriate
- Engage other departments to ensure efficient delivery of services
- High proficiency of U.S. Federal RCRA cradle-to-grave regulations
- Familiarity with U.S. DOT shipping regulations
- Experience with RCRA hazardous waste registrations and manifest data reporting to local, state, and federal agencies in the U.S.
- Demonstrate proficiency with hazardous waste stream classifications and waste profiling
- Working knowledge of RCRA hazardous waste generator status requirements for VSQG, SQG, LQG as applicable to U.S. State and Federal Agencies
- Highly motivated, organized, and excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task to meet standard response times and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Forward thinking and ability to accommodate development of skill sets to drive business needs
- Experience balancing job role expectations against strict deadlines
- Experience working with regulatory compliance-related data or data from a related field desired
- Advanced level of computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.