Regional VP, Property Management at DO NOT USE - Amherst (Remote)
Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.
Main Street Renewal, LLC is hiring for a Regional VP, Property Management to drive the implementation and execution of property management best practices across our national portfolio of branch offices. In this role you will use your Subject Matter Expertise to influence and take ownership of driving consistency in the execution of our policies and procedures for all branch customer service initiatives including and not limited to; property marketing, leasing, resident management, default management, property maintenance and turnover. Main Street Renewal is a privately held nationwide company engaged in the business of managing the acquisition, restoration and leasing of single family homes. We strive to create efficiency throughout the process with the goal of creating constructive and professional relationships with owners of single family real estate, our residents and the communities where the properties reside.
We seek a hard working individual who can wear multiple hats of responsibility and thrives in a hyper fast paced and quickly growing, ever changing environment while having the flexibility to be a road warrior, initially 50-75% travel that will taper off to 25% to 50% as you build your regional management team and overseeing branch activities while being based in Austin.
A day in the life of our VP, Property Management
- General management of all branch Area Managers and indirectly their staffs with overall responsibility for staffing, activity performance, P&L performance and compliance with all company requirements
- Direct branch operations and ensure business objectives are achieved
- Direct, supervise and train the Area Managers on best practices
- Review branch staff and property performance
- Ensure compliance with business reports, plans and budgets
- Monitor resident satisfaction and retention with an eye for continuous improvement
- Conduct branch and property site visits to ensure safety, cleanliness and adherence to branch best practices and property scope
- Assist Area Managers with team performance, payroll, legal and quality management issues
- Comply and enforce all company standards including; applicable health and safety rules, regulations and applicable local, state and federal laws
What's in it for you?
- Collaborative team environment and the tools needed to be successful in your job
- Exceptional on-boarding experience (we want you to succeed in your new role)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision (Pick the plan that works best for you and the family)
- 401K with employer match (We just keep on giving)
- Employee referral program (Get paid for referring your friends)
- Casual dress code environment (Enough said)
What you’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree required with professional certifications (CPM, IREM, etc.) preferred
- 10+ Years Property management experience; specific experience managing thousands of single family homes or multiple multi-family communities in multiple states
- Experience managing Property or Regional Managers and successfully delegating responsibilities to drive maximum team performance
- Ability to travel nationally; estimate 50-75% travel that will taper off to 25% to 50% as you build your regional management team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to deliver presentations well to various investor groups
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others at all levels
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to collaborate with peers and other organizational leaders
- Well versed in MS Office suite including Outlook, Word and Excel, Property Management Software, Yardi preferred
Just a few other things you should know
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday, however, occasional evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
At Main Street Renewal, we believe that our teammates are the foundation of our success. Come join our MSR family where we work smarter, work harder, and are passionate about what we do
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.