Regional Operations Strategist at Qwick (Phoenix, AZ)
Qwick is changing the way people work. We connect food & beverage Professionals who want on-demand work with the businesses that need them through a technology-driven, app-based staffing platform. Our unique matching algorithm pairs top-rated, high quality Professionals with shifts that match their skillset. If you're eager to make a difference in the gig economy, love what you do, and lead with empathy and transparency, we would like to hear from you!
Our cultural values are an important part of who we are and what we're building:
- Free to be us - We embrace diversity within mindsets, ideas, race, culture, background, and the things that make us uniquely us.
- Hustle responsibly - We work hard and we make time to rest and play in order to stay our best.
- Stand up for what's right - We don’t just do the right thing, but we hold others accountable to act with integrity as well.
- We are human - We act with compassion to take care of ourselves, our team, our families, our Business Partners, and our Professionals.
- Constantly curious - We seek knowledge from within and outside of Qwick and are continually learning through our successes and challenges.
- Never give up - We welcome change, celebrate failure, and always keep moving forward.
About the Role
Qwick is looking for a Marketplace Operations Strategist to join our Marketplace team. In this role, you will work on high-impact, cross-functional solutions to create the best experience possible for our Professionals and Business Partners across their assigned region within the United States. We’re looking for a strategically-minded individual who has contributed to complex, logistical initiatives, has a strong bias towards action, and thrives in ambiguous environments, but most importantly, wants to make a big impact at a fast-growing company.
If you’re a passionate and highly motivated individual who is business-savvy, data-focused, adaptable and loves solving big problems, we would love to meet you!
Functions of the Role
You will be a great fit if you like to:
- Support and collaborate with Sales, Account Management, Marketing, and Product teams members by serving as the owner for various initiatives/processes that will drive marketplace efficiencies and influence Professional and Business Partner experience through the development of strategies, project management, and ownership, and provide ongoing operational support and partnership.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across operations, compliance, marketing, analytics, and product/engineering to achieve positive results
- Drive the execution and management of special projects across local markets such as creating, executing, and evaluating the ROI of specific incentives, solving marketplace inefficiencies such as cancellations, and supporting in the onboarding of your region’s largest clients.
- Manage and analyze operational data using SQL, spreadsheets, and other analytical tools
- Develop a detailed understanding of Qwick’s marketplace across your region, and identify areas for continuous improvement of operational business processes and future opportunity
- Roll up your sleeves and get stuff done, no one can be counted on to execute faster or better than you
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of diverse work experience, preferably a combination of business operations and strategy; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Experience managing cross-functional projects in fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and extreme attention to detail
- Passion and resourcefulness to solve ambiguous, undefined problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize relentlessly
- Experience making data-driven decisions
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Excel, and Looker (or similar data visualization software), and have experience building forecast models and analyzing complex data sets to inform decisions
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive pay
- Four-day workweek
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home flexibility
- Employee equity program
- 401K with 10% dollar-for-dollar match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Employee support resources
- Short and long-term disability benefits
Qwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.