Quality Coordinator at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Quality Coordinator In Houston, TX
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Quality Coordinator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
The Quality Coordinator will be a crucial member of the Quality Team who will assist with achieving success in measurable clinical quality performance.
Could this be you?
- The Quality Coordinator will be accountable for identifying and closing gaps in care for value-based contracted patients with quality needs.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of clinical quality measures and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while using excellent communication skills to serve our patient populations.
- He/she must be proactive with strong personal initiative as well as highly organized and detail oriented.
How you can make a difference
- Utilize various practice EMRs to review patient charts, extract proof of care and submit documentation thru payer portals or otherwise electronically.
- Identify and relay appropriate actions to address clinical quality measures that have not been satisfied during the performance period.
- Maintain current knowledge of quality measure specifications to be captured in EMR for clinical quality measures.
- Work closely with the Clinical Ambassador if patient outreach efforts are determined to be needed.
- Work collaboratively with other departments on quality specific projects to help close data discrepancies.
- Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement.
- Actively participate as a member of the health care team to promote positive health outcomes for our patients and support our healthcare partners
Skills for success
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- A service orientation and a “can do” attitude.
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2+ years of experience in a medical office or health care setting.
- Primary care preferred.
- Previous HEDIS or healthcare quality experience preferred
- Comfort utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining, and payor portals.
- Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
- Strong communication and relationships skills required; demonstrated success partnering with physicians and care teams to support patient wellness
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.