Psychiatrist, MD - Ohio at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Put Members First
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Be All In
- Aim For Understanding
- Lean Into Discomfort
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- You will work in a radically different model of healthcare
- Expect collaboration, shared-decision making, and partnership across clinical and non-clinical care team members, including our large team of Community Health Partners
- You will co-manage with a panel of complex members in a value-based care environment to provide behavioral health assessments, diagnosis, treatment recommendations, treatment planning, clinical treatment, medication management, and follow up planning
- Your work will be centered in our Hub and in the field - extending out in the surrounding neighborhood and community. You will meet people where they are, both physically and emotionally.
- You will provide a necessary bridge to ongoing behavioral health services in the community, will be accessible for crisis management from a behavioral health perspective, will support existing services (i.e. outpatient mental health or substance use treatment), and will be an accessible resource to both members and their care teams
- You will provide clinical support to the Behavioral Health Specialist team who will be providing short term therapy and leading members through their Member Action Plans (MAPs) respectively. You will work alongside, and will be supported by, the care teams (Pods) associated with each member
- Be a key contributor in the development and implementation of behavioral health clinical programming within the hub/market and capabilities that support both core business and long-range company growth
- Work with clinical and operational leadership to measure and continuously improve the quality of behavioral health care provided to Cityblock members in your market
- Provide clinical support to other care team members, especially Behavioral Health Specialists and Community Health Partners
- Coordinate services and relevant Member Action Plan (MAP) goals and tasks with Cityblock care teams, as well as community service providers
- Foster lasting and trusting relationships; you will be the point person for the members on your panel with significant behavioral health diagnoses
- Participate with our on-call system
- Flexibility around evening hours once to twice a week
- Work with members longitudinally to achieve their goals and identify new needs.
- Collaborate closely with existing outpatient behavioral health providers
- Utilize our custom-built care facilitation platform, Commons, and the market’s EMR to collect data, document member interactions in the field, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with your team, members, and community resources
Requirements for the Role:
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
- You are a Board-Certified Psychiatrist licensed to practice with an unrestricted license to practice in the state in which you are employed with Cityblock
- You have more than 3 years of experience providing direct mental health treatment
- You have no restrictions on your ability to provide care to Medicaid or Medicare patients
- Work a full-time 40 hour work week, Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm ET with one late evening a week. You will also participate in a Saturday Rotation and the Cityblock on-call schedule. Your work may take you outside of normal business hours as urgent member needs arise.
- As a full-time employee, you should aim to spend approximately 20 hours of your time on Direct Patient Care (visits) in order to comply with weekly appointment goals. This should be adjusted based on member need.
- Experience or excitement to provide direct care to underserved populations with complex needs
- You have experience working within an interdisciplinary team
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care
- You are passionate about improving care delivery
- You are comfortable managing patients with complex medical and psychosocial needs
- Have proficient experience using and navigating an EMR
How We Define Success:
- Manage a complex population of members in a collaborative, interdisciplinary team model
- Ensure members on your panel receive appropriate care for acute and chronic diseases, including following ED visits and acute admissions
- Manage a primary care and co-management (WRAP) panel of members to address their long and short-term health needs, ultimately to prevent avoidable hospital and Emergency Department visits
- Meet monthly and quarterly targets for visits with Cityblock members, in both clinic and home settings
- Engage in target setting for new clinical initiatives and managing those targets
- Active participation in practice development, redesign, and innovation
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience with substance use disorder treatment
- Experience caring for individuals experiencing homelessness
- Experiencing caring for individuals with criminal justice involvement
- Experience with home-visiting/care in the field
- Experience with telemedicine
- Comfort using new technologies in healthcare
- Interest or experience in healthcare assessments and evaluation
- Interest or experience in analysis of healthcare data
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.