Proposal Manager (Remote) at Citizant
Who We Are
Citizant is a leading provider of professional IT services to the U.S. government. We seek to address some of our country’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Agile transformation, DevSecOps automation, Enterprise Data Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Program Management support services – focusing on the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and Treasury. We strive to hire only ethical, talented, passionate, and committed “A Players” who already align with the company’s core values: Drive, Delivery Excellence, Reputation, Responsibility, and a Better Future. No matter how large we grow, Citizant will retain its collaborative, supportive, small-business culture, where successful team efforts to address customer challenges is valued and rewarded.
The Values that Define Us (R2+D2=Better Future)
Responsibility. We pull our own weight, teach others how to pull theirs, and show up whenever a member of our tribe needs support. Responsibility is about maintaining a sense of ownership, delivering on our commitments, and being mindful of our wake.
Reputation. We create balanced outcomes, communicate our intentions with honesty and clarity, and honor our commitments. Reputation is about building and maintaining trust.
Drive. We lean in to the hard work of empowering a vibrant and sustainable culture, creating jobs, developing leaders, communicating clearly, making a difference, and contributing to a greater outcome. Drive is about courage and faith
Delivery Excellence. We focus on quality over quantity and value the journey of continuous process improvement and organizational maturity. Delivery Excellence is about pride in our work and fulfillment as a result.
Better Future. A Better Future is the reward given and received for living an authentic life of service – to each other, our customers, our loved ones, and our communities. Better Future is about giving more than we take.
Citizant is seeking a Proposal Manager to support the Vice President of BD Operations in the development and delivery of high-quality, compliant, and compelling government proposals. This individual, who should have a strong background specifically as a Proposal Manager for federal IT services opportunities, will work closely with BD, Capture, and Operations leaders to develop and articulate technical and management solutions for RFPs, RFIs, Sources Sought, and other pre-proposal deliverables.
This position is a remarkable opportunity for a proposal manager who wants to work with a mature in-house bid and proposal team, well-known among our industry partners for producing high-quality proposals. You will have the benefit of full-time remote work at a small business that has a huge proposal library, excellent past performance with 4.8/5.0 CPARS average, a variety of easy-to-use contract vehicles (including FAA eFAST, GSA MAS, and NIH CIO-SP3 SB), and a mature online collaboration and content management infrastructure typical of much larger businesses. Citizant enjoys a remarkable 4.1 / 5.0 average review rating and a 91% CEO approval rating on Glassdoor.com.
The Proposal Manager will manage and coordinate the efforts of proposal teams including Volume Leads, writers, graphic artists, copy editors, and teaming partners to ensure collaboration, adherence to schedule, and successful delivery of compliant and compelling proposals. The ideal candidate must be able to lead and facilitate solution sessions to capture win themes, value propositions, discriminators, competitive ghosting, and other components of a differentiated win strategy. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support Capture Managers in the execution of Win Strategies in proposals, including support of pre-RFP capture and solutioning efforts.
- Manage day-to-day proposal activities and lead proposal stand-up meetings.
- Develop and manage proposal schedules.
- Analyze solicitations for deadlines, requirements, forms, etc.
- Develop compliant proposal outlines and annotated writing templates.
- Facilitate storyboarding with Volume Leads and Section Leads.
- Lead proposal color team reviews.
- Provide writing and copy-editing support for the proposal, as needed.
- Manage final production, white glove, and delivery.
- Oversee the development of multiple simultaneous proposals on different timelines.
- Available to work more than 40 hours/week when necessary to ensure successful proposal execution and delivery.
An experienced proposal manager will know how to evaluate compliance against a set of requirements. As such, please apply for this position only if you meet or exceed the required qualifications.Qualifications
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-10 years of experience as a proposal manager with a federal government IT services contractor.
- 1-3 years of experience managing task order submissions on GWACs, multiple-award IDIQs, or similar vehicles.
- History of experience as a full-time, internal employee in prior positions.
Required Skills and Certifications:
- Exceptional English-language writing and editing skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong desktop publishing and production skills.
- Expert-level skills with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with SharePoint, including library management and site administration.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) preferred.
- Shipley training and/or certification preferred.
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) certification preferred.
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Citizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Citizant, Inc. is a federal contractor and must comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires that federal contract employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19. This means that all employees working for Citizant must be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an exemption on medical or religious grounds for an employee has been granted. For more information on Citizant’s policies on COVID-19 vaccinations, please contact [email protected]