About the Role:
As a Contractor Professional Development Specialist, you will deliver highly engaging learning experiences for classroom educators through virtual and in-person experiences. Contractor Professional Development Specialists present competent, expert information about DreamBox Math and Literacy solutions that ensures client participants achieve the outcomes outlined for each learning session. You will also follow all processes for recording essential information using internal systems.
As a Contractor, you bring classroom experience and education expertise to our clients. Experience with presenting to adult audiences and a proven understanding of adult learning theory is required. A specialty in mathematics or literacy is a plus. This role will report to the Manager of Professional Development.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Delivering highly engaging, world-class professional development experiences to educators both virtually and in-person.
- Presenting competent, expert information that ensures client participants achieve the outcomes of the learning session.
- Follow all PD processes, including timely recording of tasks and essential information.
- Communicating effectively with internal teams and external clients.
- Capably and confidently making informed adjustments to support clients.
- Using data to determine needs and validate solutions for specific educators and schools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education. Masters a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in K-12 classroom
- At least 1 year of experience delivering professional development sessions & knowledge of adult
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Previous experience training adults with technology products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent intrapersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with teachers.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to immediate or unforeseen challenges
- Ability to travel up to 60%. Peak months are July – November. (Travel currently suspended during Covid pandemic)
- Legally authorized to work in the US
LOCATION: Remote but must be located in DC or Virginia area.
Time Commitment: This is a part time contract role with the busiest months being August, September, October, January, February, and March. Hours per week averaging about 10-15, although not guaranteed, during normal business hours.
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.