Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra Platform captures packets and logs across network, public cloud, SaaS, and identity by applying patented security-led AI to surface and prioritize threats for rapid threat response. Vectra's threat detections are powered by a deep understanding of attacker methods and problem-optimized AI algorithms. Alerts uncover attacker methods in action and are correlated across customer environments to expose real attacks. Organizations around the world rely on Vectra to see and stop threats before a breach occurs. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
Why Vectra AI?
Vectra AI is the leading innovator in real-time detection of in-progress cyber attacks. The Vectra Cognito platform continuously monitors customer environments to automatically detect any phase of an on-going cyber attack. Vectra AI won the Best of Black Hat Award for “Most Innovative Emerging Company” and the SC Award “Best Customer Service”.
Our culture is centered around three core values – customer first, no drama teamwork and acting with integrity. At Vectra, we love to solve hard problems and embrace people who relish that. We also love people who are passionate, irreverent and focus on delivering results.
You are expected to be different from the norm, to excel in your field and be willing to share your experiences and creativity with the global organization. You are expected to challenge the status quo.
If you care about building great customer experiences, like to stretch, do not take no for an answer and are great to work with, this is your home.
Joining the organization at this time will allow you to develop the dynamics which will shape the global support organization. Joining now offers future career opportunities in a fast moving environment.
For this role you should be a leading Technical Support Engineer, experienced in technical support of complex technologies in challenging global environments. As part of the Support team you will be responsible for ensuring that the customer experience remains positive throughout the lifecycle of their support interactions.
You are likely to already be an expert in your field, the individual your colleagues come to for assistance and the individual that customers ask for when they're in difficult situations.
This position is a remote position within the United States.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ticket management
- Working on customer-facing support tickets
- Deep diagnosis of customer issues, including lab reproduction and source-code analysis
- Quantifying customer impact and prioritizing solutions both within and external to the Support team
- Engaging with both customers and Vectra internal account teams through email, telephone and remote management sessions (WebEx, Zoom …)
- Engaging with Engineering teams to provide prompt and high-quality workarounds and solutions
- Limited on-call/out-of-hours support for weekends/national holidays
- Escalation Management
- Collaborating with your colleagues on investigations and escalations
- Taking over from team members escalated cases until resolution
- Providing regular internal and external updates to Critical issues
- Documenting and report Root Cause Analysis to Customers post mortem
- Regularly engaging with Engineering to review and prioritizing Jira tickets
- Team coaching, training and development
- Be the Regional Support leader’s right hand
- Identifying, qualifying and documenting product, hardware, software and process improvements
- Developing Support processes, tools and documentation to further grow the Support organization
- Conducting regular individual and group training sessions
- Being the embodiment of a team player; cross functional collaboration and communication is vital
- Special project management
- Initiating and managing new projects to support department and company goals
- Developing customer-facing content (e.g. knowledge-base, how-to guides)
- Strong experience supporting an international customer base
- At least 5-8 years working in a technical support escalation/Tech lead engineer role
- Experience in troubleshooting to source-code level and resolution of complex customer issues in any component of the product suite
- Expertise in Linux-based systems, their management, operation and application stacks
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP network protocol suite including packet capture analysis
- Strong understanding of SQL and other databases
- Scripting/programming, especially in Python and the bash shell.
- Able to influence, guide and direct team mates
- Experience in virtual environments, cloud environments and support of cloud/SaaS applications
- Good understanding of current security technologies and risks
- Saleforce.com Service Cloud experience for case management
- Design and understanding of enterprise and data-center networks.
- People management experience
- Familiarity with Critical Situation management experience
- Proactively identify problem areas and be responsible for driving their resolution.
- Experience in security appliances and security software.
- Experience in data interchange between dissimilar systems.
A two-minute video that describes what we do at Vectra, and an article about Vectra's last funding round: