Payroll Support Representative at Homebase (Houston, TX)
What We Offer You
- Generous accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- A fun and safe office environment
- Internal promotion opportunities
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
You have a passion for small businesses and helping them succeed. You have experience and love working in customer support. You love solving easy and complex problems for customers. You move fast, thrive in an unstructured, fast paced environment, and you are not afraid of change. You have experience supporting a Payroll product and love the complexities of Payroll and the ease it brings customers.
Reporting to the Manager, Payroll Support, you will be part of a small team of Customer Support Representatives. You will be supporting our customers post-installation with any questions they have about Homebase Payroll as well as the Homebase product in general. This is a new branch-off team at Homebase and we need individuals who have experience in a customer support role that supports small businesses via phone, email, and chat. You are self-motivated, seek out gaps in the system (and find solutions), and are productive and comfortable working independently.
- Solve inbound customer requests via phone, email, and chat.
- Provide training and answer questions about how to use Homebase products
- Track and own your support tickets
- Serve as an advocate for Payroll Support and our customers. Partner with Product, Engineering, and other internal teams to ensure our customers’ needs are met.
- Handle Payroll support escalations
- Proactively reach out to customers when indicators show they may not be engaged with our product(s)
- 2+ years of customer support experience
- 2+ years of payroll experience
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll support
- A goals over roles attitude - you do what it takes, not what’s in your job description
- Experience supporting small businesses
- Data focused mindset
- You stay calm under pressure and you can de-escalate escalated situations and customers
- Sharp intelligence and computers skills
- Solid educational background together with real life wisdom and achievement
- Set high standards for yourself matched with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and growing organization
- Self-motivated and comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously - excited about striving toward team and individual metrics.
- Enthusiasm to be a part of a dynamic and growing company full of opportunity and constant change
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.