Operational Excellence & PMO Leader at Glowforge (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:50 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 9, 2022
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history!
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
This is a full-time role. We are a remote-first company, but most of your team will be based in Seattle.
Why We Need You
You know how companies get things made: factories, container ships, logistics, and legions of experts. Our products are no different. But there’s one thing that’s completely different.
Owning your own Glowforge means that that world of manufacturing is turned upside down: our product lets everyone create things from their own desktop. No longer do you need to be a company: Glowforge owners bring products into the world with a thought, the push of a button, and a few minutes of magic!
Behind that magic, though, is an incredibly complex product: a dance of firmware, cloud software, manufacturing, quality, logistics, supply chain, design, research, and so much more. And you’re the conductor we need to bring it all together. Your skills will let us create our products - so our customers can create whatever they imagine.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You’re going to lead the definition and implementation of an operational rhythm, develop Operational Excellence as a core competence, while leading a talented team of project managers and product data analysts to orchestrate product improvements down to the manufacturing line. You’ll work closely with your peers to improve cross functional business processes and boost business results. That means:
- Developing a lean and mean project management office (PMO) for our operations and manufacturing team with a passion for fast and flawless project execution.
- Oversee and champion a wide range of projects to reduce risk and improve quality, cost and scalability of our Operations business processes and systems.
- Implement and maintain a dashboard and rhythm that make our global Operations execution transparent and a walk in the park
- Champion the development of an Operational Excellence culture.
- Developing a team that does amazing work and people are excited about to work with.
You need these qualifications
- You have a BS or higher degree
- You are an active practitioner of Lean, 6-Sigma or equivalent approach.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with hardware development and sustenance.
- You truly enjoy managing, mentoring, leading, and working with a diverse team.
- You’re passionate about improving products and processes for our customers and our success.
It would be nice if…
- You are PMP and / or Lean certified, or equivalent
- You have experience at startups and big companies.
- You have experience with consumer electronics and/or laser products or technologies.
- You have experience in a high volume manufacturing and supply chain management environment.
- You have walked the lines of many factories and have an eye for spotting issues.
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile is fine.
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at [email protected] We'd love to have you join us.
More Information on Glowforge
Glowforge operates in the 3D Printing industry. The company is located in Seattle, WA. Glowforge was founded in 2014. It has 188 total employees. To see all 14 open jobs at Glowforge, click here.
Read Full Job Description