Office Manager, Oakland at Fivetran
Fivetran is looking for an organized and energetic Office Manager to lead our Oakland, CA office location!
Reporting to the Global Workplace Operations Manager based in Oakland (headquarters), the Oakland Office Manager is responsible for delivering the programs that increase employee engagement and overall happiness in our Oakland, CA office.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about workplace operations and is fully committed to making Fivetran a great place to work! In this role you will manage our facilities, vendors, and other service partners, as well as work on high impact projects that support our company’s value of integrity, initiative, and 1 team, 1 dream. Building an awesome office culture and employee experience at Fivetran means being in the office daily, so this role will require regular office attendance.
This role has a lot of opportunity for growth as our team expands. If you have a passion for connecting with people and are passionate about Workplace Operations, we want to hear from you about this exciting opportunity!As our Oakland Office Manager, you will:
- Own day-to-day office operations running smoothly at our Oakland, California office, overseeing all building functions. You understand your daily office presence is necessary to ensure the office is a great place to work for employees.
- Own and execute Fivetran’s RTO (return to office) strategy, partnering with onsite stakeholders, and managers to realize a safe and successful return to the office for employees.
- Direct and manage the quality of service levels, coordinating maintenance, shipping, janitorial, lunches, snacks, hot desking, event services, etc.
- Create and manage office policies and procedures. Communicate program and policy information with regular updates (to our wiki) to the team and employees.
- Maintain an orderly, safe, and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Acquire intimate and detailed knowledge of the building, it’s systems, operations, and lease. Act as Fivetran’s liaison to the building, establishing strong relationships with property management and/or the landlord. You will lead tours for outside groups and new hires.
- Prioritize culture, safety, sustainability, and wellness. You will participate in, create, and manage scalable programs in these areas
- Own an internal onsite events program (e.g. happy hours, game nights, hackathons, etc.) that delight our employees. Partner with stakeholders such as executive assistants, managers, and the larger workplace operations team execute events.
- Track workplace operational spend, continually look for efficiencies, and opportunities to allocate resources with savvy, while making while maintaining quality experiences.
- Champion of company culture. Handle employee requests with a high degree of customer service and work to ensure our environment is productive, fun, inclusive and stimulating.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience ideally with an emphasis on workplace operations in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Strong event management experience and the ability to plan and execute amazing events from conception to execution with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EH+S, FDA and other standards and regulations.
- A passion for building communities, making workplaces operate seamlessly, and delivering an amazing customer service experience to employees.
- Excellent attention to detail, great organizational skills, and solid judgment capabilities.
- Proactive team player, self-starter, and leader with proven ability to multitask and prioritize. Must be willing to collaborate with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you are at ease interacting with all levels of the organization including peers, managers, and executives.
- Hospitality background
- Project Management background
- Hyper growth, start-up experience
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs