Are you looking for an opportunity to build software and systems for some of the biggest Hyperscale Data Centers that humanity has ever created? The Azure Networking team is responsible for designing and building the Software Defined Network infrastructure that that run our customers mission critical workloads. We invent, code, automate and run Microsoft's network, including the software at all layers from host to host, across the Microsoft Azure Cloud. This comprises software for distributed system command and control; software for planning, simulation, configuration, traffic engineering and management for high availability and consistent network performance.ResponsibilitiesYou will work with other Network Engineer and developers in Azure Networking, who are innovating at the leading edge to build network design & software for distributed architecture and control, software for planning, simulation, configuration, traffic engineering and management for high availability and consistent network performance.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Develop a technical roadmap for major online/cloud services network infrastructure
- Create and propose technical solutions when faced with a new complex systems design or process issue, where little or no precedent exists
- Provide technical expertise to perform root cause analysis of service interrupting incidents; develop and implement strategies to prevent recurrence
- Take responsibility for prioritizing critical, competing tasks that may lack clear end results.
- Effectively apply influence strategies and negotiation skills to impact decisions and make trade-offs based on TCO and risk
- Drive continuous improvements of the networking service, drive automation to manage the scale and continue to optimize the efforts through appropriate tooling and automation
Qualifications An ideal candidate will bring:
- 0-5 years of past network engineering experience driving large scale, date driven projects is highly desirable
- Programming, Scripting experience working on Python
- Experience with the following technologies must have:
- Expert-level knowledge, experience, and ability troubleshooting and producing designs that leverage protocols such as OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, LDP, VRF etc.
- Working knowledge, experience, and ability with TCP internals and other L4-7 protocols and technologies such as: SSL, HTTP, DNS, NTP, Local Load Balancing, Global Load Balancing, Netmon/Wireshark, etc.
- Experience in developing security hardening procedures, security best practices, and policy implementation
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.