Manager, PPM Tools Delivery (Manager, Technology) at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
As part of the PPM Tool team you will be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists who have made exceptional strides to evolve their delivery efficiency and who will maintain that focus as we transition to our vision for the future “MyPPM.” MyPPM will be the go-to source for accurate and timely data for all DPEP T&D investments and resources. It will enable teams to work more effectively and provide leadership with easy access to the information they need to make strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and well-rounded leader with direct experience with Clarity up to version 15+. Proven ability to guide a team, partners and organization through a significant uplift in tool capability and process enhancement that optimizes tool features to streamline the business side of technology delivery. We are seeking a high performing and motivated individual who will drive efficiency and innovation.
- Drives value across the organization by continuously partnering with the PPM process team, key stakeholders, and delivery partners to ensure our PPM tool supports the ever evolving business needs.
- Partners and proactively communicates across multiple groups to promote transparency and understanding related to how our tools can best support project/product planning, forecasting and delivery processes.
- Sponsors process and practice improvements in the PPM tools environment and serves as a catalyst for tool delivery excellence.
- Provide technical leadership.
- Accountable for development processes and schedules.
- Manage, mentor and develop tool delivery team.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and teams with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
Basic Qualifications :
- Proven experience managing application delivery with direct accountability for hiring, budgeting, team accountability, team/process development, and evolving PPM tool support to effective meet business objectives.
- Minimum 10+ years overall experience with application delivery methodologies and practices with leadership experience in a technical environment.
- Minimum 5+ years leading/managing technical professionals.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in Agile based delivery team in a cross-functional technical delivery capacity.
- Proficiency with Enterprise Project Portfolio Management tools specifically Clarity “Modern UX” (version 15+).
- Proven experience as a leader/manager within an organization responsible for delivering projects related to technology architecture/infrastructure, significant system upgrades, enhancements, and/or replacements.
- Demonstrated ability to coach a team of technology professionals to manage critical dependencies and drive risk mitigation.
- Proven experience implementing process improvements within an application delivery team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in systems development lifecycle (SDLC) in a technology organization.
- Demonstrates agile mindset in the execution of project management principles & practices (PMI/CMMI/Agile Alliance/Scrum Alliance).
- Strong understanding and hands on experience of project financial concepts, forecasting, and budget management.
- Proven ability to successfully operate in a matrix organization where partnership and influence are the key drivers of success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation and group dynamics skills.
- Solid understanding of technology organizations and specific challenges and issues.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership that embraces diversity.
- High level of interpersonal skills and proven emotional maturity when handling difficult conversations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead efforts to provide overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining standards for software delivery/support.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of delivery teams, while effectively influencing senior management on key decisions and direction.
- Experience in supporting travel trade, hospitality, and/or large-scale businesses and logistics systems.
Required Education :
- Minimum college/undergraduate degree (e.g., B.S. /B.A.) or equivalent experience.
- Certified Scrum Master for 3+ years.
Preferred Education :
- Bachelors in a technology/engineering field
- Master’s Degree
Additional Information :