Join VillageMD as a Manager, Population Health Operations
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Manager, Population Health Operations to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Our Population Health Operations team is central to our model of care and works hand in hand with primary care providers to change the local landscape of care delivery. As a Manager, Population Health Operations at our organization, you will be a key partner implementing population health management capabilities across a network of primary care medical clinics.
Could this be you?
In this role, you will support the performance of a specified group of providers under value-based contracts using an evidence-based approach. You will collaborate with VillageMD-Phoenix market teams and network practice staff to integrate analytic, ancillary and operations capabilities to manage patient populations against improvements in the ‘Quadruple Aim’ of healthcare: better outcomes, lower cost and an improved patient and clinician experience. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will support the performance of a specified group of providers under value-based contracts, including collaborating across the organization on the design, monitoring and continually improving the processes that support value based care. As part of this mission, you will help to drive patient and clinician engagement initiatives.
How you can make a difference
- Collaborate with management and operations team members to develop strategic, operational, and technological solutions for improving quality, while reducing the cost of care delivered
- Own the process of monitoring performance in value-based contracts across multiple payers
- Build strong, credible working relationships with physicians and their staff to support a partnership centered on driving meaningful change in care delivery
- Run operational policies and procedures related to VillageMD market operations and services for network practices
- Drive an optimal patient experience through VMD processes and services
- Ensure satisfaction, communication and engagement with all practice providers
- Advance a workflow to enable annual care delivery in primary care with an emphasis on identifying and supporting patients’ unmet needs
- Measure practice-level performance across operational and utilization metrics, and identify improvement opportunities to drive strong performance under value-based contracts
- Collaborate with provider partners to participate in the design and implementation of technologies to support clinical documentation to improve accuracy in diagnosis selection
- Operationalize practice adoption of patient engagement strategies around chronic condition prevalence to support providers in delivering high quality care at a lower total cost
- Enable evolving provider and practice staff education across core VillageMD model workstreams
Skills for success
- A drive for achieving results with and through others
- A talent for balancing critical thinking with hands-on execution
- The ability to validate data directly tied to population health and value-based care
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems, with a strong results-orientation
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Finesse in partnering with physicians on change management initiatives
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare administration or a relevant field required
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in the healthcare industry, preferably with complex, provider organization
- Demonstrated success working with and across diverse partner groups to achieve desired outcomes
- Medicare ACO and value-based contracting experience beneficial
- Validated ability to implement data into practice; respond to analytical insights with strategies and solutions that impact the provision of care; evidence-based decision-making skills
- Direct experience working with physicians preferred
- Experience with Tableau and SQL strongly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and work with payor claims and quality files is strongly preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.