We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart is seeking a Manager, Fulfillment Operations for the Operations team.
About the team: You’ll be joining a team that owns innovation in operations and works cross-functionally to bring new fulfillment solutions to market in partnership with retailers. This team is charged with creating step change improvements in growth, customer experience, operations, and shopper experience as we focus on creating new solutions across our multiple operating models that accelerate the future of grocery.
Highlights: Manage on-the-ground operations of new facilities designed to improve our partnerships with retail partners and enhance their fulfillment capabilities in the Southeast region.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Serve as the owner and leader for on-the-ground operations teams
- Build a high-performing team of associates, supervisors, and managers who deliver exceptional customer service and business results through zero-defect execution
- Serve as a critical thought partner and collaborator to central teams, retail partners, and vendors as we refine and scale our new and innovative fulfillment solutions
- As our company values say, “roll up your sleeves” as we focus on driving day-to-day excellence across your sites: You will train associates, build shelving, hang signage, troubleshoot devices, pick test orders, and much more as we bring new business lines to life together
- Expect heavy travel (will vary depending on launch schedule and your location). Your job will require you to be physically present in your sites every day, and sites will be spread across multiple markets
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience as a leader in retail stores, fulfillment centers, warehouses, or similar (grocery, ecommerce, retail, or similar related experience preferred)
- Demonstrated success as a manager of managers. Passion for leading and developing hourly associates, supervisors, and managers
- Commitment to exceptional customer service and operational execution. Build a culture of excellence for your team. Continuously identify and eliminate waste as we strive to deliver best-in-class service with industry-leading efficiency. Lean Six Sigma or similar experience preferred
- Confront operating with the ambiguity, expectation of change, and rapid pace of play that comes with working at a startup
- Data-driven mindset. Interpret dashboards and reports, and use data storytelling to quantify and illuminate improvement opportunities, as you work with cross-functional stakeholders to refine our operating model
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.