Manager, Customer Education at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT)
Lucid Software offers a leading Visual Collaboration Suite that helps teams see and build the future from idea to reality. With its products—Lucidchart, Lucidspark and Lucidscale—teams can align around a shared vision, clarify complexity, and collaborate visually, no matter where they're located. Top businesses use Lucid's products all around the world, including customers such as Google, GE, and NBC Universal. Lucid's partners include industry leaders such as Google, Atlassian, and Microsoft.
With a fast-growing team of more than 1,000 employees, we are committed to maximizing collaboration and innovation in the workplace through our products and with our people. Lucid is a hybrid, remote-friendly workplace, providing employees the flexibility to work where they are most productive, whether that’s at home, in the office, or a combination of the two.
We hold true to our core values: innovation in everything we do, passion & excellence in every area, individual empowerment, initiative and ownership, and teamwork over ego. At Lucid, we welcome diversity and are dedicated to creating an environment and culture that is respectful and inclusive for everyone.
Since the company’s founding, Lucid has received numerous global and regional recognitions for its products, business, and workplace culture. These include being named a Fortune Best Workplace in Technology and a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, inclusion on the Forbes Cloud 100, and placing #19 on G2’s Best Software Products for 2022 list.
As the manager for Learning Experience Design on Lucid’s Customer Education team, you will oversee the design, scripting, and development of content that empowers our users to see and build the future. From brainstorming and diagramming best practices, to visualizing cloud architecture and agile planning, you will help teams collaborate more effectively by leading the learning experience for thinking and working visually within the Lucid Suite.
You will find success and fulfillment in this role if you:
- Are obsessed with the learner experience and designing intelligent, approachable, and lively training content
- Enjoy leading, coaching, & overseeing a team of designers in a fast-paced environment
- Can build strong relationships with an ever-evolving group of project stakeholders and subject matter experts
~50% People management, quality assurance, and coaching:
- Lead and manage a learning experience team of 4 (and counting!)
- Provide weekly 1:1s for members of the LX design team, providing mentorship and support on assigned projects
- Periodically review each designer’s work against Lucid’s quality standards and provide clear, measurable feedback.
- Identify professional development opportunities for your team
- Proactively communicate team status and updates to your manager
~30% Learning Experience Strategy:
- Own the definition of Lucid’s learning experience design strategy (including content strategy and roadmap) by keeping up with GTM motions, product roadmaps, and the messaging strategy of our marketing team
- Serve as the creative director for learning content, in partnership with Brand Creative
- Ensure your team is aligned to the LX strategy
- Advise and contribute to the larger vision and strategy for Customer Education
- Review and give guidance on new offerings or processes
~20% Operations & Administration:
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of Lucid Training Labs, including the administration of our LMS platform
- Own and oversee projects that advance Customer Education’s mission to build programs, systems, and processes that scale - including identifying areas of improvement in learning experience process & efficiency
- Own relationships with internal partners and SMEs, ensuring the success of the Customer Education team and our end-users
- Step-in to develop and design content with your team
- Onboard new LX team members as the team grows - collaborate with head of Customer Education on workforce & capacity needs
- Lead team meetings & serve as the “Product Owner” for the learning experience and on-demand learning motion
- 4+ years experience in adult learning, digital learning, instructional/curriculum design (may substitute one year of experience for a degree in adult learning, digital learning, or instructional design)
- 1-3 years of management or leadership experience, preferably leading a team of learning experience, instructional, or curriculum designers
- Demonstrated ability in strategic content design & development
- Excellent ability to mentor, coach, and grow team members
- Entrepreneurial/problem-solving mindset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and writing skills
- Passionate about learning experience and customer education and how we empower customers to transform the way they work
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities while being incredibly responsive, flexible, and adaptable to a constantly changing landscape of needs
- Success building on-demand learning programs for corporate or customer audiences, using common e-learning authoring and content creation tools
- Experience working with modern Learning Management Systems - such as Skilljar, Thought Industries, Docebo, LearnUpon, etc.
- Knowledge of ID content development tools and platforms (Articulate 360, Captivate, Elucidat, Camtasia, Adobe After Effects, etc.)
- Able to navigate a complex SaaS environment effectively, including knowledge of SaaS business model and organizational structure