Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The goal of the Porter/Dishwasher is to support the Kitchen crew to ensure that kitchen, dining and dish areas, and equipment are clean, organized and well maintained. The Porter/Dishwasher is a critical position and will need to act quickly in a high-volume growing food environment. A collaborative position, the Porter/Dishwasher will take the lead in much of the cleanliness, organization, receiving and safety that makes the culinary program run. This is a full time position.
What You'll Do
- Wash, dry and maintain dishes.
- Set up plates, napkins, silverware, glassware etc. for lunch service.
- Follow direction and preparation lists as outlined by Executive Chef.
- Clean and maintain kitchen stations in accordance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Support all staff as needed.
- Assist with lunch service wiping down service stations, tables, processing all dirty dishes refilling clean plates, utensils as they become available.
- Receive deliveries - check in each order based on invoice, and distribute to intended floors.
- Stock, clean and organize fridges and Walk in coolers.
- Organize and consolidate back-stock-Dry Storage/storage rooms
- Rotate and consolidate product based on freshness, label and date all product
- Drink Prep- Responsible for Infused Water, Tea, and Drink Station Cleaning and up-keep.
- Maintain and clean dish area, and self-serve stations, salad/sandwich bar etc.
- Maintain recycling and compost/trash stations. Sort and remove recycling, compost, garbage and pallets making sure all garbage is removed before the end of day.
- Help guests, answer questions and fulfill customer requests.
- 2+ years experience in a formal commercial kitchen environment. Relevant experience will be considered.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, communication and patience.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs.
- Commitment to quality and service.
- Flexibility and ingenuity. Willing to work with alternative approaches and overcome challenges and limitations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Nice to Have
- Experience in a corporate kitchen.
- Receiving and inventory
- Cooking and food preparation skills and/or experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]