Guest Experience Manager at Evolve (Remote)
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support tens of thousands of owners across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way. Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company - we’ve raised over $235M in investment capital from world-class investors like Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Allen & Company.
Why this role
We’re all about hospitality and delivering the best experience possible for our guests. The Guest Experience team at Evolve provides unparalleled support to our guests from the point of booking all the way through check-in at our properties and beyond. This team is responsible for addressing any pre-stay questions that may arise, completing bookings, providing booking confirmations, informing guests of amenity availability, assisting with any necessary trip modifications, providing potential nightly rate adjustments, and assisting guests in whatever other hospitality needs they have.
As a Guest Experience Team Manager, you will lead a highly purposeful team focused on providing exceptional experiences and making it right for all of our stakeholders -- Teammates, Guests, Owners, and Partners -- on our way to becoming the most trusted hospitality brand in vacation rental. This highly challenging, highly rewarding, “roll up your sleeves” role is for a resilient leader who will coach, mentor, and inspire a team of individual contributors that support Evolve’s stakeholders -- including through complex, challenging, and escalated issues. You will use your growth mindset to build and unlock the potential of the team, and your accountability and drive to achieve individual and team goals. Your emotional intelligence and ethical judgement will ensure hospitality and service recovery, and your high level of care will support Evolve’s stakeholders through stressful and vulnerable situations.
In this role, you will also have the opportunity to increase your skill set by managing operational initiatives that support organizational objectives, increase team efficiencies, support product updates, resolve existing technological errors, and improve cross-functional communication amongst teams. Additionally, you will be able to learn to analyze data in regard to performance and volume to inform decision making and identify potential improvement opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of 10-15 employees, acting as a positive role model and servant leader first, while also leading the team to ensure goals and service levels are met or exceeded.
- Provide individual coaching and development for teammates in regular 1x1 conversations. This includes quality assurance reviews, developing and coaching hospitality and customer service skills, and assisting employees in achieving monthly performance goals
- Interview and evaluate candidates to join the Customer Experience team
- Support with the scheduling of teammates to ensure appropriate shift coverage
- Motivate and engage your team by leading meetings, conducting professional development sessions, and having some fun along the way with activities both during and outside of work hours (team building exercises, social activities, etc).
- Lead team knowledge sharing on relevant topics in the industry and Evolve as a whole, including internal process or organizational changes, vacation rental industry updates, and weekly team performance reviews to drive revenue and hospitality.
- Collaborate with other Customer Experience and people leaders across Evolve to develop and streamline processes and communication.
- Help mediate high-level customer issues.
What makes you a great fit
- 5+ years of experience in customer service or hospitality
- 1+ years of experience coaching and supporting employees to achieve goals
- Servant leader who utilizes relationship building, coaching, and retention tools to help others succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use data to make decisions
- Experience with Google suite, business analytics software, and Salesforce.com (CRM) preferred
- Aptitude for a solution-based approach to issue resolution
- Proven ability to manage time effectively
- Forward thinker with the capacity to be creative in developing new ideas and implement proven methods for the team
- We support a business that runs 24/7/365 days a year, which may mean you will work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon and Pennsylvania.
For this role our salary range is $67,000 to $77,000 depending on relevant experience
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.