Freight Coordinator at Spreetail
| Omaha, NE
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:07 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Spreetail is an ecommerce growth partner focused on accelerating brands and channels to compete for tomorrow’s ecommerce customer. Learn how we are building one of the fastest-growing ecommerce companies in history: www.wearespreetail.com.
We are looking for an in-office Freight Coordinator to support our Warehouse teams around the United States. We have committed to building and developing highly efficient teams to delight millions of our customers with our high level of service.
How you will achieve success:
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers and proactively reach out to carriers seeking out new opportunities and cost reductions on a regular basis.
- Arrange transportation of goods and contacts carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of goods.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Research efficient and effective ways of moving goods from one location to another, including shipping methods.
What experiences will help you in this role:
- 2 years of experience in logistics, warehousing, or operations.
- Intermediate-level math skills.
- Intermediate-level computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Internet browsers, email clients, and Google docs.
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue opportunities to learn more about logistics, Spreetail, and the ecommerce world.
- Understand the importance of engaging in safe behavior and how to effectively prevent incidents and injuries to themselves and others.
In an effort to Make Spreetail Better, we hire people that are aligned with our values and are passionate about pursuing ecommerce excellence. We believe the right person can learn what is needed to succeed in their role, so we encourage job applicants to apply even if you don't meet all of the qualifications listed. We are looking for diverse backgrounds and perspectives, so we don’t require college degrees and welcome non-linear career paths. If this role highlights your experience and gets you excited – please apply!
Not the role for you? Check out additional opportunities to join our team here and sign up for our Talent Community Newsletter for exclusive insights into future openings.
What you can expect from us:
• The flexibility to take care of yourself. We offer a hybrid work environment for team members working from our offices, and fully remote opportunities for our Software & Tech teams to focus on results then take time off when needed. Salaried Spreetailers enjoy untracked PTO and hourly team members earn 20 PTO days per year.
• We invest in your growth. Our in-house Talent Development team will fuel the impact you can make in your career through leadership development workshops and one-on-one coaching.
• We believe in celebrating your accomplishments. Each year is a new milestone with perks such as a home-owner bonus, tropical sabbatical trips, and all the unique Spreetail swag you can imagine.
• We’ll take care of you and your family. Spreetail will cover 100% of health insurance premiums for you and 50% for your partner and dependents included on the plan, as well as support your growing family with paid time off.
• The opportunity to revolutionize your community. We encourage team members to take paid time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year and we’ll match your donation dollar for dollar to the nonprofits you support.
Learn more about our full benefits package including parental leave, domestic partner coverage, unit appreciation rights, and more here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Spreetail, we are relentless in our pursuit of equity and equality, we embrace cultural differences that raise our bar, we pursue the challenges within ourselves to make Spreetail better, and we humbly acknowledge our duty to build and foster an inclusive workplace where all may succeed.
Spreetail is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Information on Spreetail
Spreetail operates in the eCommerce industry. The company is located in Lincoln, NE, Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE, Greenwood, IN, Nantocoke, PA, Ellabell, GA, Austin, TX, Hutchins, TX and Las Vegas, NV. Spreetail was founded in 2006. It has 977 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 121 open jobs at Spreetail, click here.
Read Full Job Description