Field Operations Manager - Wi-Fi
Boingo Wireless is seeking an experienced manager to assist in the oversight of our Wireless Network Operations in the North Dallas, Ft. Worth Texas area.
For project activity, the Field Operations Manager (FOM) will work closely with our Private Service customers to understand and comply with technical, aesthetic, and general installation requirements relative to Wi-Fi systems installations and modifications and military bases.
For ongoing support, the FOM will supervise the Field Engineers effectiveness with Trouble Ticket resolution and proactive maintenance of the networks.
Strong field deployment planning, project management, scheduling, and communication skills are absolute requirements in this role. Experience in remote management of staff, projects and upward reporting will be in heavy demand.
- Conduct site surveys for constructability and RF design considerations
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of installation and final as-built drawing packages
- Prepare Statements of Work (SOW) and detailed project requirements
- Solicit, negotiate, and award installation jobs
- Manage the project materials procurement cycle
- Monitor installation subcontractor performance in accordance with:
- SOW, Schedule, Budget, and Quality Standards
- Prepare and submit status reports to customers and management
- Support field and network engineers during testing phase, as-required
- Supervise Field Engineer network monitoring and incident response performance
- 3-5 years of operations management experience (inside plant or cable/telecommunications and Wi-Fi design, installation and optimization experience is strongly desired)
- Experience with Wi-Fi access points, preferably with Ruckus and Cisco equipment
- Familiarity with installation and configuration of switches and UPS units
- Ability to identify building architecture and construction techniques
- Possess a functional understanding of various central office network elements
- Able to gather and organize data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution
- Ability to prioritize and plan work for team and then adjust as project/venue priorities change without missing deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, to include Visio
- Proficiency with Windows, Mac, and various handheld OS wireless network settings (to troubleshoot with customers)
- Meet physical requirements of the role which include: passing background check to gain access to military installations and able to carry 45+ pounds.
- Position will participate in on-call rotation to provide 24-hour support
- Willing to travel within region
- Strong oral and written communication skills, highly detail oriented, goal oriented, and a strong desire to make a difference!
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Nice to have
- PMP or other PMI certification
- Supervisory experience of small remote field-based teams
- Proficiency with switch configurations, including VLANs, trunking vs. access and other port settings
- A working understanding of DHCP and DNS
- Familiarity with IP addressing and subnetting
- Knowledge of wireless technology, including 802.11 b/g/n/ac and point-to-point radios
- Knowledge and/or experience with Siklu microwave radios, Cisco switching, routing and wireless equipment
- Experience with installation and maintenance of outdoor fixed wireless systems, including microwave, millimeter wave and unlicensed 5.8 GHz radios
Boingo Wireless helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. We know that our field staff is key to our success, so we work hard to stay connected as a team. We make sure our field teams are included in the things we do at HQ - from live-streaming our quarterly all-hands meetings, to our Halloween Costume contest, to March Madness, and trivia contest. We even provide gift certificates for lunch. We want you to feel a part of everything we do. In addition, Boingo offers an incredible benefits package, including health, dental vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, and parental leave. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA for five years and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever. Your health and safety, and that of our employees is also important. We conduct video interviews, and practice public health recommendations of the CDC and local authorities.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video, proving the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect with Boingo today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love
endations. So, connect with Boingo today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love