Executive Director, Concert at Vox Media (Remote)
WHO WE ARE
Concert by Vox Media is a publisher-led advertising marketplace that offers a one-stop solution for premium ad solutions in trusted environments. Concert was launched in 2016 and has become the safe & trusted solution for scaled brand advertising across the open web. It is a rapidly growing business line within Vox Media.
Vox Media’s Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
The Executive Director of Concert will be the primary business lead for Concert’s continued growth and success, responsible for overseeing publisher development, product expansion, product marketing, ad technology infrastructure, and data strategy. The objective for this role is to enable and drive revenue growth through product enhancements and marketing solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in partnerships, business development, data strategy, ad tech, and people management. This role is part of the Media Revenue team and will report to the SVP, Media Revenue.WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee supply side of Concert marketplace, responsible for scaled reach, quality, and segmentation of inventory
- Lead publisher development and business development for Concert, including outreach and negotiation with new publisher partners and relationship management with current partners
- Develop and implement a robust product development and market expansion strategy for Concert, including new markets, new channels, and new advertising capabilities that will accelerate revenue growth
- Set strategy and roadmap for a modern data strategy across Concert, with an emphasis on innovative, sustainable, and effective product solutions
- Partner closely with Product teams on infrastructure improvements that will unlock and enable improved performance and revenue growth for Concert
- Be accountable for operational excellence across Concert, including campaign-level operational support, legal agreements and billing processes, performance insights, and reporting
- Be responsible for Concert Product Marketing, optimizing product-market fit, overseeing the development of marketing materials, and initiating frequent, structured internal communication to highlight new solutions, products, and updates
- Manage and lead a high-performing, inclusive team
- Be a leader of the Vox Media revenue organization and Vox Media overall, contributing to organizational and cross-company priorities and initiatives
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the media industry
- Demonstrated success in developing, negotiating, and implementing external strategic partnerships
- Expertise in advertising technology infrastructure and audience data landscape
- Relevant connections and relationships throughout the ad tech and publisher ecosystem
- Exceptional analytical, communication & problem solving skills
- Proactive learner with organizational agility and attention to detail
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is remote. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team ([email protected]).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.