Executive Assistant (Part Time) at AppSumo (San Diego, CA)
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We've helped launch thousands of top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox just to name a few.
At AppSumo, we believe work doesn't have to suck. We love helping entrepreneurs build a lifestyle they're passionate about. And that includes you.
The foundation of our culture is treating teammates like adults. This is a place where we actually encourage you to have a side hustle and develop your career at AppSumo. You'll learn everything about starting and growing a business here-and get paid to do it.
We're on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone. You in?
Why this is your dream job:
As Executive Assistant, you'll provide high-level administrative support to the CEO and the executive leadership team. Reporting directly to the Head of Staff, you'll manage the CEO's internal and external schedule, travel, communications, and administrative tasks. You'll also assist the Head of Staff and leadership team with administrative tasks, calendaring, expenses and occasional special projects.
We're looking for someone creative who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment. Our ideal candidate exercises good judgment when navigating new situations, has strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and knows how to maintain a balance between competing priorities.
- Scheduling (and re-scheduling) meetings across multiple time zones with busy executives and groups by email and phone
- Reviewing expenses and submitting expense reports
- Booking flights, hotel and other travel arrangements
- Being proactive in making the most of executive time and thinking of ways to better all of our lives
- Managing sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion, especially decisions directly impacting the operations of the company
- Other occasional activities:
- Helping execute on culture events (we call them CMFs aka "Company Mandated Fun")
- Facilitating one-off projects
- Running errands to take something to the post office, get a poster framed, return a purchase, or deliver a gift to an employee
- You have previous experience in an executive assistant role supporting C-level
- You are efficient and highly communicative
- Hyper attention to detail and high emotional intelligence skills are required
- You are a problem solver - you look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don't get stressed out when things change at the last minute - because they will
- You're unfazed - when everyone else is getting stressed or excited, you keep your cool
- Startup experience preferred
- Previous experience with SaaS, entrepreneurship or tech is a plus!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.