Escalations Manager at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
We are seeking a Support leader who is excited to grow and evolve our US-based Escalations team into the next generation of high-touch technical support for Meraki’s most valuable customers. As a Manager of these teams, you will supervise incoming critical issues, support the team’s day-to-day activities strategically, invest in the technical and professional growth of your team, and provide region-specific mentorship and oversight to ensure that our processes are agile and efficient. An average work week might consist of facilitating global teams all-hands meetings, holding personalized 1:1s with team members, checking in on critical cases and bug reports, delegating and prioritizing project work, and supervising the professional development of the team.Who you'll work with
We are a team that provides the highest level of technical support for all Cisco Meraki products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other support engineers. As a part of this team, you are empowered to work across departments and mobilise resources when vital.Who you are:
You are a leader:
- Collaborate with the Escalations and SPS management team to establish, supervise, and review critical metrics with members in weekly 1:1s
- Provide your team with radically candid feedback on day-to-day work and assigned projects as well as assign, preview, and conduct postmortems on critical issues
- Advocate the concerns of your organisation to the larger Meraki Support organization
- Regularly sync with Support management, Sales, Product and Engineering to actively uncover potential customer concerns
- Promote a strong documentation-first culture with an editor’s eye for detail
- Preside over new, difficult situations with a controlled, scientific approach to problem-solving
- Travel to San Francisco, Chicago, and/or Sydney to collaborate with the global Escalations and SPS teams; 10% scheduled travel
- Work with the team to develop and refine regional decision-making metrics regarding, escalations/ bug report workload and growth indicators and on-site engagements
- Lead professional development initiatives for the team (programming, certifications, etc.)
- Work with internal Meraki business units to deliver a clear understanding of the escalations process
- Actively seek, identify, and onboard talent into your teams from the wider support organization (or externally)
Do you love to pursue networking certifications and are eager to attend industry that relate to networking? As a leader, we strongly value your continued professional development! We encourage you to spend 20% of your time:
- Obtaining certifications and learning programming languages
- Performing in-depth exploration of Meraki products
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Exploring new tools and advancements in the field of computer networking
- Has proven track record working as part of a technical support organization; minimum 4 years direct management experience
- Has resolved dozens (if not hundreds) of business-to-customer critical issues
- Has extensive working experience with reporting / bug tracking software, such as JIRA or Salesforce
- Has acquired or are seeking “professional” level networking certification such as CCNP, CCIE, CWAP, CWNE, etc.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.