Location: Austin, TX
Title: Enterprise Risk Manager
Reporting to: Chief Risk Officer
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
You are skilled and experienced in bringing structure to enterprise risk management challenges, drawing on industry knowledge, strategy, technology, and people to create common processes and frameworks. You know the satisfaction of designing and implementing holistic programs that provide key insights into the critical risks to a company’s strategic objectives. You are a self-starter who can roll up your sleeves (this position initially has no internal staff), build out the ERM framework and keep management informed with minimal supervision. You are passionate about taking ownership, driving impact, and solving problems. You are intellectually curious with a bias to action. You are detail oriented, flexible and have the ability to interact with and influence a diverse set of stakeholders, including senior management.
What You’ll do:
- Establishing the level of risk the company is willing to take
- Identify and manage risks to the organization, its employees, stakeholders, assets and operations and develop ERM strategies, objectives and policies that will establish the framework, tools and procedures to achieve successful risk identification and management within best practice standards.
- Work with outside vendor to design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact to the company when risks occur
- Engage and develop effective working relationships to support cooperative responses to risk management matters and issues.
- Provide guidance and training to promote risk control awareness, ownership and accountability.
- Oversee and monitor the operational risk management activities of the organization.
- Monitor and analyze risks within the organization and effectively report these risks to senior management.
- 5 years experience in Enterprise Risk Management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated insurance industry experience or insurance industry certification
- Experience working closely with Senior Management and Project Management in planning and carrying out strategic objectives.
- Practical knowledge of the tools and techniques used in Enterprise Risk Management
Nice to Haves:
- Strong project management skills
- Strong competence in developing presentations and dashboards
- Risk management certification
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.