Doc Drawer Specialist at Kiavi (Remote)
Kiavi, formerly known as LendingHome, is one of the largest lenders to real estate investors in the United States. With Kiavi’s technology platform and innovative financing solutions, real estate investors are empowered to make informed decisions, close deals faster, and realize the full potential of their real estate investment strategies.
Founded in 2013, Kiavi is committed to helping customers revitalize approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock and provide move-in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country. We have funded $7.8 billion dollars worth of loans across about 35,000+ projects, becoming one of the nation's largest bridge loan lenders.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 400 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
- Loans funded: More than $7.8 billion
- Geography: Lends in 27 states plus Washington, D.C., which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
- Homes financed: About 35,000
- Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
- Employees: Over 400 employees
This position can be based anywhere in the United States—remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our colleagues to work from the location that works best for them. For those who prefer to work in-office, we have locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates to drive creativity and innovation.
- Meet and exceed your daily and monthly quotas, while upholding our high standards for quality. You'll do this through your strong focus on service, relationship building, and customer empathy
- Provide excellent customer service (internally and externally) and ensure customer relationship is maintained at the highest possible level
- Bring your wits, strategies and ideas by helping us make our closing process as efficient and pleasant as possible
- Speak up and suggest improvements wherever you see an opportunity
- Work with the loan origination team, closing agents, brokers and borrowers to ensure a quick, accurate and pleasant closing experience
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of loans once the loans enters your queue, including but not limited to:
- coordinate loan signing with closing agents
- audit loan files
- review preliminary title reports / title commitments
- review hazard insurance
- prepare closing documents
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable federal and state laws and company policies
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned by the supervisor
- Prefer an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or 3-5 years experience in document drawing and/or funding; escrow officer or insurance agent experience a plus
- You have a track record as a self-starter, with excellent time management skills, and a strong desire to learn
- Knowledge to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment of rapid change in procedures and prioritization
- Excellent technology skills, including: Microsoft Word & Excel, Google Docs & Sheets, Adobe Acrobat
- If you have experience in the residential mortgage space or business purpose mortgage space (post closing or loan operations), that’s excellent. If not, we have a training program designed to build skills you’ll use throughout your career and life
Benefits and Perks
- Product Ownership: All employees think like an owner because all employees own equity in the company and play a critical role in making our business great.
- Health Insurance: Our medical, dental, and vision plans are completely free for employee-only coverage, and the company pays 80% of the total premium for dependents.
- Whole-Person Wellness: Anyone can schedule no-cost unlimited virtual therapy sessions, use a monthly subsidy for fitness facilities, and access reimbursements for fertility services.
- Retirement Savings. Employees who participate in our “no fee” 401(k) receive an immediately-vested employer match on 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation.
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, do better for our customers and each other, and support your career journey.
- Flexible Time Off: With no cap on the number of days of PTO each year, employees are encouraged to enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle with work, travel, and family.
- Paid Leaves: You’re immediately eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave each year to bond with a new child (mothers & fathers) and up to 8 weeks for medical or caregiver leave so you come back ready to deliver high-impact results.
- Remote-First: We win together while still being fully remote, and each employee receives a stipend for their home office setup and a monthly allowance to help with the cost of internet/phone.
Kiavi in the News:
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019 and Real Estate on a Threshold of a “Moneyball” Moment
- HousingWire: 2019 HW Tech100 Winner: LendingHome
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49