Dispatcher, Centralized Support at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
Logistics Centralized Support Dispatcher
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
As the Centralized Support Dispatcher you will be responsible for being the first point of contact for an employee experiencing an issue while on the road.
The Centralized Support team uses sophisticated, proprietary network modeling software to recommend the design and enhancements of a nationwide network of Carvana employed auto haulers that work seamlessly from coast to coast delivering cars to customers in a timely manner. You will be responsible for all drivers and trucks that are moving across the network by providing breakdown management, performing driver wellness checks, monitoring departure times, ensuring DOT and Carvana compliance are met, and providing any support our vehicle transporters might need to deliver the vehicle quickly and safely.
The Centralized Support Dispatcher role is based at Phoenix headquarters. This role will have quarterly rotating 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts. You’ll need to be flexible to work on any type of assigned shifts. Must have the ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
What you’ll be doing
- Vehicle breakdown assistance by diagnosing equipment based on information received by the driver on the phone.
- Locating the closest and most cost effective repair facility or tow company to ensure the driver is able to get back on the road with minimal customer impact.
- Relationship building with drivers, inspection centers, hubs, tow companies and repair facilities.
- Analyzing estimates and negotiating best prices.
- Completing data entry for breakdowns, ensuring continuous updates for accuracy.
- Communicating and coordinating with Centralized Planning analysts to mitigate impacts to customers.
- Proper documentation in our ticketing system defining what actions were taken during your call with the driver.
- If needed, ensuring that management and local operations are kept in the loop with driver down/delayed arrivals.
- Monitoring all drivers on the road through wellness checks, traffic monitoring, weather monitoring, application compliance (Quintiq and KeepTruckin'), departure/arrival times to origin/destinations.
- Determining and managing the response needed for all dispatching situations
- Other related duties as assigned.
What you should have
- 2+ years in a customer service role.
- 2+ years practical experience in maintenance or logistics.
- Knowledge with DOT regulations and compliance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Hourly Position with a competitive rate
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Sees the ‘big picture’ with the ability to get it done (task oriented)
- High energy and the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills creating the ability to influence Operating units across the Carvana Network
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.