Director, Process Consulting at Nuance
Daily focus will include business process analysis and design, optimizing clinical workflows, understanding of the KPI's to deliver desired outcomes and identifying product and process gaps to improve efficiency. The role will drive standardizing and execution of business process improvement initiatives across various cross functional teams. This role will include direct responsibility for building and managing a high-performing team of process consultants working on strategic initiatives across the Operations and Product Organization.
- Lead cross-functional teams to solve large, complex, and/or ambiguous business problems and drive process improvements
- Identifies waste in all areas including the production workforce, technology, processes.
- Review, analyze, and develop solutions for business process improvement. Ability to think broadly and strategically about business issues, to develop a vision of improved practices and to engage others in that vision
- Initiate continuous improvement through oversight, planning, value stream mapping, and project facilitation
- Leverages DAX KPI's, integrating data in decision making
- Experience in optimizing Clinical Workflows
- Document and streamline end-to-end processes across the company, identifying controls (including Key Controls)
- Leverage strong analytical skills to identify issues and drivers to deliver the results
- Driving better adoption by analyzing the current clinical and business workflows
- Ability to lead and support organizational change
- Exceptional people skills - Ability to build consensus and relationships among peers, managers, employees, and customers
- Collaborates with multiple layers of employees to ensure correct project, scope, and resource allocation to enable planning and execution of a highly scalable model.
- Collaborates with other team members in overall standards of delivery of project work.
- Facilitates brainstorming sessions, workshops, problem-solving sessions, and process mapping exercises to bring alignment, extract knowledge and improve performance.
- Gather and analyze data to identify trends and patterns.
- Evaluate clinical workflows and recommend improvements to drive outcomes
- Utilize system reporting tools to analyze current business processes and to support continuous process improvements.
- Engage with end users to better understand the current workflows and come with recommendations of an optimal workflow
- Facilitates sessions at all levels for planning, mapping, business process redesign, Kaizen, continuous improvement, lean thinking, cycle time reductions to simplify and perfect targeted areas.
- Advocate of using Nuance best practices with utilization of the product.
- Bachelor of Science degree with related relevant experience working with providers in a large hospital system or in community health.
- Black Belt Certification - 3+ years' experience as a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and leading large-scale cross-functional project teams across multiple business units.
- Experience optimizing workflows preferably in a Hospital System Network
- Superior written, oral, and presentation abilities with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional with expertise in clinical documentation (RN, LPN, PA, MA, tech, coder, scribe )
- 10+ years' experience in facilitating and leading improvement projects including change
- Experience with Athena, Epic, Allscripts, Cerner, Nextech or other EHR's
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Strong work ethics and adhering to timelines.
- Experience demonstrating effective leadership during strategic transitions
- Innovative trouble shooter, constantly striving for process improvement.
- Embody and live by Nuance core values.
- Strong sense of ownership and high level of accountability. Ability to lead teams and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading cross functional teams for delivering strategic initiatives
- Advanced ability to conceive and develop a strategic plan and persuade and influence others to execute plan. Advanced analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skill
- Healthcare industry experience, including understanding of clinical workflows and EHR/EMR documentation
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.